ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Merged: Michael Sam

vmax

IMO I am tolerant to gay rights. I think if they want to get married fine, be beneficiaries on a will fine, be allowed to be next of kin on hospital visits fine, be married so they can enjoy the health care benefits fine. I honestly don't care what two consenting adults want to do behind closed doors BUT that doesn't mean I love to watch two men sucking the cake out of each others teeth. I don't think think a guy should be able to use the ladies room just because he thinks was born a female. I don't think the Dolphins should suspend people just for tweeting #gross.

For the record I don't like most PDA's in general. The kissing didn't bother me, the cake eating did. Am I alone?

The Dolphins suspended the guy because they are fresh out of the Incognito situation. They do not want to have the perception of an unfriendly work environment. People who are getting gender transition need to use some bathroom. I think it is safe to say that dudes are not going out of their way to say they see themselves as women just to go in the womens room. When you have anything close to that it is usually some jackass hiding a camera. I see PDA's all the time. Until people start harping on straight ones I see no need to harp on a gay one. I do see some people and just think get a room. But again their conduct does not effect me so it is my issue and not theirs.

There's the stereotyping again. If I don't find it disgusting I must find it exciting. Or I could find it... Nothing.

Meanwhile, link the poll. Was this one of The Sun's random click online on the sports page polls like their grade the draft? If so, the number is meaningless.

Real statistical pools say up to 60% of Americans and even conservatives support gay rights. Do they want the PDA - maybe not but I don't the real number is 86. I don't either. But everyone else's PDA is apparently OK.

Yes, it was a random Sun poll. But then you say it's meaningless? Why, because you disagree with it? How mature of you.

Look, I really don't give a sh*t what anybody does behind closed doors, and either do most people, as your REAL statistical polls show. But my complaint is showing two men swapping spit on TV. That's what 86% disagree with. Oh, and by the way silly faggott, chix prefer dix.

It is not a scientific poll. People who have an issue with the kiss would be more apt to bother to click on it. It is like the hows my driving stickers. If the driver is fine people aren't interested. If the guy drives like a maniac then you are looking for the sticker and the phone number.

Yes, it was a random Sun poll. But then you say it's meaningless? Why, because you disagree with it? How mature of you.

Look, I really don't give a sh*t what anybody does behind closed doors, and either do most people, as your REAL statistical polls show. But my complaint is showing two men swapping spit on TV. That's what 86% disagree with. Oh, and by the way silly faggott, chix prefer dix.

Neat,

• Upvote 1

http://www.yourtango.com/2011104439/study-average-woman-bisexual

Study: Women Get More Bisexual As They Grow Older

Like most women, I have no shame in admitting that I find other females attractive. I have even admitted to being open to experimentation ("Of course I would sleep with Halle Berry! It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity"). For women, it's perfectly acceptable to be a little bi-curious (cue every male fantasy), and according to the latest research, it's the norm.

A new study reveals that women's sexual preferences tend to be a gray area (yep, identity confusion wasn't just for those college dorm days). In fact, researchers at Boise State University found that in a group of heterosexual women, 60 percent were physically interested in other women, 45 percent made out with a woman in the past, and 50 percent had fantasies about the same sex. 8 Things Straight People Could Learn From Gays & Lesbians

I fall into that 60 percent.

Sometimes when I catch myself staring at a beautiful woman in the grocery store, I wonder about my own sexuality. I'm not supposed to like girls! (At least according to society.) Would I date a woman? I'm not sure, but I am attracted to the beauty of other women — and they're so much easier to understand psychologically than men. We girls form deep relationships through friendships, which some say are the basis of love. And personally I believe that emotional connection and physical attraction are linked — i.e., guys tend to get cuter in our eyes if they're genuinely nice.

Experts support this view. "Women are encouraged to be emotionally close to each other," psychology professor Elizabeth Morgan told YouBeauty.com. "That provides an opportunity for intimacy and romantic feelings to develop." From talking about personal issues for hours to calling each other "lovers" (well, maybe that's just women in my generation), women's friendships are often barely distinguishable from romantic relationships. 9 Celebrities Who Came Out To The World

When heterosexual women hook up with other women, their relationships is based on an emotional connection. Lisa Diamond from the University of Utah believes that it only takes the right person for convince a woman to enter into a relationship with someone of the same sex.

Does that make them bisexual? Not exactly.

"You can still be heterosexual and have interests, experiences or fantasies with the same sex," says Morgan.

In addition, sexuality gets more, not less, fluid with time — yet more proof that experimentation isn't just for college. In a study conducted by Diamond, the older a woman was, the more likely she was to describe her sexual preference as "unlabeled". "We have this idea that sexuality gets clearer and more defined as time goes on," says Diamond. "We consider that a sign of maturity to figure out who you are. I've seen it's really the opposite."

And of course, the media plays a role in girl-on-girl attraction, only fueling the fire of our confusion. Not only have pop stars like Lady Gaga made bisexuality mainstream, but women can't help but ogle beautiful women — they are everywhere we turn. According to YouBeauty.com, Neuroscientist Ogi Ogas, Ph.D., analyzed billions of web information including web searches, erotic websites and e-books, and found that women are just as likely to search for "sexy pictures of Ryan Gosling" as "sexy pictures of Jessica Alba." How about that.

"Women in the media are often sexualized and women constantly get the message that appearance should be important to them, so they're used to viewing women in a sexualized way," says Morgan.

I wonder how much of the attraction to other women is based on appearance and messages from the media, and how much of it authentic and genuine. Should we even try to distinguish between the two?

Do you honestly think straight people will drive around with rainbow sticker on their bumper? I dont drive around with boobie bumper stickers on my car..I dont support or condone them. To each his own.

Crav, I meant that you don't have to have a rainbow sticker (or be gay) to support him.

Papa said it already but I discredit it because it had no scientific credit. It was a click on me poll.

I am happy to look at any scientific poll you have on the matter though.

Please keep name calling. It certainly helps your case.

I also don't like seeing make out sessions on TV. I just don't care who it is making out. Why does it matter they are both guys? Just like why should he have to stay in the closet? Because other people are uncomfortable? Do we follow that policy with other minorities? "Hey you Jews make sure I don't see you being all Jewish in public..."

There it is again... If anyone supports a gay person they must be gay too. Or maybe they just don't care and think it's time the NFL got off its macho horse. How homoerotic ate locker rooms anyway? I'd rate them a 9/10

I do take offense to this. What could be less homoerotic than a locker room? Snapping wet towels at each others bare asses, playing pranks with people clothes, half naked wrestling. Nope, nothing at all.

Wasnt there some congressmen a few years ago who was anti-gay but admitted that while stationed on a ship he and his crew would "scuba" each other which involved squatting over a sleeping mans face and resting ones genitals on the sleeping mans face? I think he stated that wasnt gay, just horseplay.

Sam made history as the first openly gay player drafted by the NFL when the Rams took him in the seventh round, then made sports show highlights by sharing a celebratory kiss with his boyfriend. Now, the New York Daily News is reporting Sam's boyfriend, Vito Cammisano, is the grandson of one of the most infamous mobsters in Kansas City history, the late Mafia boss William "Willie the Rat" Cammisano.

How did he get the name Willie the Rat?

According to testimony from a 1980 Senate hearing, "Willie was called Willie the Rat because he killed people and stuck them in the sewers so the rats could eat them." http://msn.foxsports.com/midwest/story/michael-sam-s-boyfriend-is-grandson-of-mafia-boss-051414

Sam better be careful not to break this guys heart.

I know several straight people who have rainbow stickers. Ever heard of the "alliance" movement? Probably not. But it's about straight people who dedicate their support to the LGBT movement. Rather popular in many places - many schools and colleges have clubs related. Not uncommon for those associated to use the rainbow as a symbol of support.

Papa said it already but I discredit it because it had no scientific credit. It was a click on me poll.

I am happy to look at any scientific poll you have on the matter though.

Please keep name calling. It certainly helps your case.

I also don't like seeing make out sessions on TV. I just don't care who it is making out. Why does it matter they are both guys? Just like why should he have to stay in the closet? Because other people are uncomfortable? Do we follow that policy with other minorities? "Hey you Jews make sure I don't see you being all Jewish in public..."

You can try to convince all you want. Not happening. BTW, that was, "silly faggott, dix are for chix".

Sam reminds me of Bret Farve..... no matter what jersey he's wearing I'll always see him as a Packer.

Or wide receiver.

Hey DC, if you demand that we love 'em, I'm gonna demand that we laught at 'em.

Or wide receiver.

Hey DC, if you demand that we love 'em, I'm gonna demand that we laught at 'em.

I'm not demanding you love him. But I am wondering where people get off saying someone else's private life is a reason to show hate at them in this way. And then to claim it's their fault and they are the one with the problem.

You don't have to like my haircut. You also don't have to run around telling the world you don't. You don't have to hope I fail because I have s bad haircut. You don't have to hope I come to regret ever having had my hair cut in the first place and showing it to you.

I don't care to convince. Just letting you know why I think your a bigot.

You say it's just because you don't like seeing them kiss. Fine.

But why do you have to add faggot, c-sucker and/or get in the closet to every post to prove your point? That's all I'm saying.

Your statements are inconsistent.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/14/michael-sam-gets-a-reality-show-on-oprahs-network/

Michael Sam gets a reality show on Oprah’s network

Rams defensive end Michael Sam is getting a reality show.

The Oprah Winfrey Network announced today that it is working with Sam on a reality TV project that will show his life as the first openly gay player in the NFL.

“We are honored that Michael is trusting us with his private journey in this moment that has not only made history but will shape it forever,” Oprah Winfrey said in a statement. “I am proud of the focus on authentic storytelling in our new documentary series format.”

There’s been no word on how much access the Rams will give the reality TV cameras, but it wouldn’t be surprising if the team has some qualms about it. NFL teams generally prefer for their rookies to put all their energy into football, not outside projects. That’s why A.J. McCarron quickly distanced himself from itwhen his fiancee, Katherine Webb, was reportedly in talks for a reality show. And that may be why Sam, in a statement, made clear that his focus is on making the team.

“Like every player out there working to make a team right now, my focus is on playing football to the very best of my ability,” said Sam. “I am determined. And if seeing my story helps somebody else accept who they are and to go for their dreams too, that’s great. I am thankful to Oprah for her support and excited to work together.”

Working with Oprah will be nice, but working for Jeff Fisher is what Sam really needs to do in the next three months, if he still wants to be a Ram in four months.

I have mixed emotions on this. I think he should buckle down and just play ball and being in a reality show is not part of that. But then I see it as a payday for a guy who should look for every buck he can. Also how do you show that a gay guy is just as normal as anyone else unless you show that life?

I am not a reality show fan.I won't watch. I could care less. I get why people won't like it. I don't really disagree with them.

And then I hesitate and think... The NFL can run hard knocks...