ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Merged: Michael Sam

vmax

Certainly. But want always the case in terms of teaM participation.

And more to the point, as we argue about players in college, why do the big boys get to make all the money?

That's all I'm thinking

I'm not demanding you love him. But I am wondering where people get off saying someone else's private life is a reason to show hate at them in this way. And then to claim it's their fault and they are the one with the problem.

You don't have to like my haircut. You also don't have to run around telling the world you don't. You don't have to hope I fail because I have s bad haircut. You don't have to hope I come to regret ever having had my hair cut in the first place and showing it to you.

When are you going to get it through that thick scull of yours that I am not hating on him because he is gay, I'm just hating the fact that he slobbered over another mans face on TV.

Sam reminds me of Bret Farve..... no matter what jersey he's wearing I'll always see him as a Packer.

Rob- I have two predictions: One= Sams gets signed. And two= the first guy he hits is a tight end.

• Downvote 1

I don't care to convince. Just letting you know why I think your a bigot.

You say it's just because you don't like seeing them kiss. Fine.

But why do you have to add faggot, c-sucker and/or get in the closet to every post to prove your point? That's all I'm saying.

Your statements are inconsistent.

Never once said c-sucker or get in the closet. I said stay in the closet. The rest? Humor using the trix cerial motto. Humor. Relax and laugh a little.

celebrate_diversity_pride_oval_sticker.j

Yep it says they are gay. I guess everyone on the underground railroad was black.

Dont you think its ironic that the University of Hawaii changed their name from Rainbow Warriors to Warriors in 2000?

Dont go Civil War on me, its the only history subject I aced, love me some civil War

• Upvote 1

When are you going to get it through that thick scull of yours that I am not hating on him because he is gay, I'm just hating the fact that he slobbered over another mans face on TV.

Both kisses lasted not more than 2 secs each. That is far from slobbering. If you are hating on that you are hating on him as a human.

Rob- I have two predictions: One= Sams gets signed. And two= the first guy he hits is a tight end.

That is a funny non PC joke.

Dont you think its ironic that the University of Hawaii changed their name from Rainbow Warriors to Warriors in 2000?

Dont go Civil War on me, its the only history subject I aced, love me some civil War

I didn't knwo they changed. Lots of schools have changed their nicknames over the last couple of decades. I don't know what the reasoning is for.

So you should know that you don't have to be part of a group to be in support of it.

Both kisses lasted not more than 2 secs each. That is far from slobbering. If you are hating on that you are hating on him as a human.

That is a funny non PC joke.

I didn't knwo they changed. Lots of schools have changed their nicknames over the last couple of decades. I don't know what the reasoning is for.

So you should know that you don't have to be part of a group to be in support of it.

They changed their name due to LGBT and their use of Rainbow

*sigh*

They ARE called the Rainbow Warriors.

Ben Jay says the new nickname for all university of Hawaii men's sports will be "Warriors" and the women will continue to be referred to as the "Rainbow Wahine."

The change will become official on July 1.

Jay who has been on the job since January says the University needs to have consistency in team names for branding purposes.

"The words – warriors, wahine, and rainbow – represent who we are as a university and athletics department," Athletics Director Ben Jay said. "By utilizing these two nicknames, we keep with our tradition and are able to have a consistent branding and marketing message."

Currently, UH's men's sports are either referred to as "Warriors" (football, golf, tennis and volleyball), "Rainbows" (baseball) or "Rainbow Warriors" (basketball and swimming & diving).

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/21189991/uh-athletic-director-looks-for-name-uniformity

Prior to the year 2000, the University of Hawaiʻi's men's teams were all referred to as the Rainbow Warriors, complemented by an athletics logo featuring a rainbow. A controversial change in 2000 allowed each team to pick its own team name; the football, men's volleyball, golf, and tennis teams became the Warriors, while the men's basketball and swimming & diving teams remained Rainbow Warriors and the baseball team remained Rainbows.[1] Additionally, the school changed its athletics logo to a stylized "H", omitting the rainbow of the old logo altogether.

Starting on July 1, 2013, the nicknames of the university's various male sports teams were once again standardized, and all male teams at the university are now referred to as the "Rainbow Warriors."[2][3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii_Rainbow_Warriors

The Rainbow lives.

In a stunning reversal of his first major decision as University of Hawaii athletic director, Ben Jay has changed course and will name all of Manoa's men's athletic teams Rainbow Warriors.

Now, instead of all switching to Warriors on July 1, all will be known as Rainbow Warriors.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20130514_Jay_UH_mens_teams_will_be_Rainbow_Warriors.html?id=207401211

wish we could get rid of every balding or bald person on the face of this planet

WHAT DO THEY DO FOR THE HAIR INDUSTRY?

NOTHING

there's a defect in their blood we must get rid of.

cleanse the world of skinheads

and while we're at it

gingers too

oh yes, it's nice to see my

little whirlwind showing his true colors.

classic ancient learning facility

RIGHT SAID FRED

Now we know this is setting up for gay activists to bitch and moan that SAMs is underpaid IF he should actually make a team. 7 th rd draft picks make diddly,

Yeah I'm sure we'll hear that any day.

A player on the St. Louis Rams, speaking on condition of anonymity, says Michael Sam's upcoming reality show on the Oprah Winfrey Network could potentially cause friction within the team.

"It's an interesting case that he gets to work with Oprah and have his own show, but I think it does raise eyebrows and it may be somewhat of a distraction," the player told ESPN's Josina Anderson. "But this is our first time dealing with something like this, so we'll have to wait and see how it plays out and how people react."

The player also isn't certain if teammates are truly embracing Sam's presence or just being politically correct when it comes to accepting the NFL's first openly gay player.

"Clearly I'm not sure how everyone feels, but from what I can tell so far I think it's a little bit of both, honestly," he said. Sources say the plan is for the series to be broken up into six to eight segments. Weiss and Joe Barkett -- another of Sam's agents -- are producers, as is Sam's publicist, Howard Bragman.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10937348/player-st-louis-rams-says-michael-sam-show-potential-distraction

The media is lining up to cash in.

• Upvote 1

49863934.jpg

I understand this sentiment because it is true of the super PC crowd frequently on many issues. But it's also entirely crap beyond the surface.

When's the last time we saw anyone standing up for racists and our need to be tolerant of racist views? We don't legally punish them and shouldn't. But I don't see many saying, "man that Donald sterling... Poor dude got taken down by the tolerance police again!"

Because homosexuality is a newer issue and a "religious" issue (I say as a Catholic), we have to argue that hated is OK? If you don't believe in gay marriage that's one thing, but out and out hate? We can't just hide that under "well everyone's entitled to their view." We don't for any other hate.