ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

RAVENS SIGN STALLWORTH

ForceEight

All depends on weight, using your chart or is that MADD's Charts (bunch of bitches) For me, according to your chart, I could pound down 8 beers (light) in 2 hrs and be at .11..8 in 2hrs is a lot of peeing.

I put in Stallworths weight at 180 and according to the chart he would of consumed 8 Margaritas to blow a .13..

Exactly... so what's your point?

You saying that if you had 8 light beers in 2 hours, you wouldn't be impaired?

You do realize peeing has no impact on BAC or intoxication? That's another myth.

You said .13 wasn't very intoxicated. 8 beer or 8 margaritas isn't going to impair you crav?

And god bless MADD and any other group that keeps drunks off the road.

Ooops, sorry about that hit the wrong key..

Yes DC Im fully aware, that for every beer consumed, it takes 1hr for the alcohol to leave your system.

And Im also aware that peeing dosent do anything, to speed up that time.

You know the founder of MADD stepped down because she writes a publication on the Best Bars in Baltimore, guess money means more to her than the memory of her daughter.

8 Beers in 2hrs would DESTROY ME!!! put me to sleep too.

but back to the matter here..Lets give Stallworth a 2nd chance, I got mine, he deserves one too.

It was the comment along the lines I can judge because I haven't done it is what got me.

Why, because it's true? I haven't done something incredibly stupid, but I don't have the right to call out someone else who did something incredibly stupid--and killed someone because of it? What are you even trying to say? That I should have to get arrested for a DUI before I can condemn someone else for doing the same thing?

We do not live in isolated bubbles. The world is not bubble gum and fairy tales. A man drove drunk and killed another man because of that, and spent only 24 days in jail as a sentence. Less than one year later, he has been offered $1 million to play football for the team I root for. That makes me absolutely SICK. I believe in second chances as much as anyone else; this is not a holier-than-thou attitude, but it's a statement as to how disgusting the real world can be.

Why, because it's true? I haven't done something incredibly stupid, but I don't have the right to call out someone else who did something incredibly stupid--and killed someone because of it? What are you even trying to say? That I should have to get arrested for a DUI before I can condemn someone else for doing the same thing?

We do not live in isolated bubbles. The world is not bubble gum and fairy tales. A man drove drunk and killed another man because of that, and spent only 24 days in jail as a sentence. Less than one year later, he has been offered $1 million to play football for the team I root for. That makes me absolutely SICK. I believe in second chances as much as anyone else; this is not a holier-than-thou attitude, but it's a statement as to how disgusting the real world can be.

I understand your attitude on drunk driving completely, but this situation is not just about Stallworth's BAC. He wasn't completely at fault if a guy runs across what is essentially a highway, and that's all I care about. I honestly feel bad for him (as well as the guy that died, obviously) that he has been put in this situation because some idiot runs across the road at night.

Wonder what would have been said if the Cinn. or Steelers signed him?

Oh God. If Cincinnati signed him along with Matt Jones, the posts in your local Bengals forum would triple.

Back to the topic of football, I hear that Stallworth still has his speed, he ran his 40 in the 4.3s. Which is pretty impressive for someone who took a year off and probably has not been able to train as much as he would like. Get him in workouts and I am sure that speed will come back in a hurry.

Factoid of the Week That May Interest Only Me

The Baltimore Ravens have a soft real-and-fake grass mix at their training facility in Owings Mills, Md., called SportGrass. No player likes to be timed on SportGrass, preferring the faster track of a tartan track or artificial turf. But the Ravens have used the surface to time players for the 40-yard dash for several years, and it usually results in a time about two-tenths of a second slower than the time a player would run on a track or pure artificial turf.

When 29-year-old Donte' Stallworth worked out for the team early last week, he stepped foot on the SportGrass and ran a 4.40-second 40. It's the fastest time recorded on the turf by the club.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/02/21/observations/2.html#ixzz0gI4PEQaW

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

When 29-year-old Donte' Stallworth worked out for the team early last week, he stepped foot on the SportGrass and ran a 4.40-second 40. It's the fastest time recorded on the turf by the club.

That's impressive. It says he's real damn fast and in great shape.

You know who else ran fast 40? Yamon Figurs. Brandon Marshall Please.

Figurs has also never had 70 receptions in a season, close to 1,000 yards or 8 TDs. Sure, those are Stallworth's career high numbers, but if he can get us anywhere near the 46 receptions for 697 yards and 3 TDs in 16 games like he did in 2007 for New England, that would be a wild success. Stallworth is by no means an answer, he is just part of the equation.

Why don't you put the blame on the guy who died then? Running across a highway illegally is incredibly stupid. They both made stupid mistakes, he died and now stallworth has to live with that on his conscience.

I'm 100% sure you have made mistakes that have gone to either hurt someone or piss someone off on a lesser scale, but thats ok cause you didn't kill a person.

Why don't you put the blame on the guy who died then? Running across a highway illegally is incredibly stupid. They both made stupid mistakes, he died and now stallworth has to live with that on his conscience.

I'm 100% sure you have made mistakes that have gone to either hurt someone or piss someone off on a lesser scale, but thats ok cause you didn't kill a person.

DUI > jaywalking. And, yeah, I bet that conscience is suffering after that million dollar check he's got coming in the mail.

As well, uh, yeah. Even accidental murder is a crime. So that little "thats ok cause you didn't kill a person" is a pretty big one. Killing someone is a BIG F*CKING DEAL.

DUI > jaywalking. And, yeah, I bet that conscience is suffering after that million dollar check he's got coming in the mail.

As well, uh, yeah. Even accidental murder is a crime. So that little "thats ok cause you didn't kill a person" is a pretty big one. Killing someone is a BIG F*CKING DEAL.

You're ridiculous. You act like a person can't make a mistake and feel bad for it. Money won't clear your conscience, well maybe yours since your such a arrogant person.

Dui>jaywalking....that makes no sense. How do you know he would have hit him had he used a crosswalk? How do you know donte would have gotten a dui if he didn't hit the guy? Both parties aided in causing this accident.

Get over it and more importantly get over yourself. You might find yourself in this type of situation sometime when you want people to forgive you and give you a second chance.

• Upvote 1

Maybe it's a "big deal", but the courts take things like "intent" into account. I know, how stupid, right?

• Upvote 1

You're ridiculous. You act like a person can't make a mistake and feel bad for it. Money won't clear your conscience, well maybe yours since your such a arrogant person.

Dui>jaywalking....that makes no sense. How do you know he would have hit him had he used a crosswalk? How do you know donte would have gotten a dui if he didn't hit the guy? Both parties aided in causing this accident.

Get over it and more importantly get over yourself. You might find yourself in this type of situation sometime when you want people to forgive you and give you a second chance.

I agree completely. While I don't know whether Stallworth's conscience is cleared, I certainly know that I would never have a clear conscience after such an event. All you can do is hope is moving on, as it was not completely his fault, yet the burden still falls solely on him.

How do you know donte would have gotten a dui if he didn't hit the guy?

Oh, right. People who drive at .13 but don't get caught are that much better for society... pardon, had forgotten!

Maybe it's a "big deal", but the courts take things like "intent" into account. I know, how stupid, right?

But we've also already established that the courts generally take this issue too lightly - which is why it remains an issue.

I also like that "Maybe" it's a big deal. It is a big fucking deal. He drove drunk. Very drunk. And he hit a guy. Quit acting like it's NOT a big deal.

Also, what exactly is every other DUI driver's intent when they get behind a car? Or what was Stallworth's?

You're right. It's not murder. It's also not rolling through a stop sign. It's a serious fucking issue that kills 1,000s of people a year in this country and ruins many more lives. And yet, we say "oh, everyone makes mistakes!" instead of "shame on you."

Oh, right. People who drive at .13 but don't get caught are that much better for society... pardon, had forgotten!

I also like that "Maybe" it's a big deal. It is a big fucking deal. He drove drunk. Very drunk. And he hit a guy. Quit acting like it's NOT a big deal.

Also, what exactly is every other DUI driver's intent when they get behind a car? Or what was Stallworth's?

You're right. It's not murder. It's also not rolling through a stop sign. It's a serious fucking issue that kills 1,000s of people a year in this country and ruins many more lives. And yet, we say "oh, everyone makes mistakes!" instead of "shame on you."

My God, you'll jump on every word a person says, won't you? The "maybe" wasn't the subject of the sentence. I could have said "It may be a big deal, but..."

And other than that, you're just arguing in circles. Not murder, not a stop sign, everyone makes mistakes, shame on you... blah, blah, blah. Every one of these things is true; let's move on.

But we've also already established that the courts generally take this issue too lightly - which is why it remains an issue.

My statement wasn't to defend people who drive drunk and get away with it. My pt was to show that we may never had known donte drove drunk had the guy not jaywalked across a highway.

Thousands of people die each year as they jaywalk a highway and get killed by a drunk driver? Whodathunkit.

This is an EXTREMELY rare scenario, we need to stop treating it like it's simply a DUI or simply an accidental death. In actuality, it was stupidity from both parties, and both were unlucky enough to have their lives changed for the good as a result.

Guest BallTMore
Hey, I'm postong this as I dribe! At least Im not drinling!

I see what you did there.

Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

I can't text and walk. I have no idea how people text and drive.