ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Kubiak Staying

dc.

I just read that Austin is next on their list.

A meeting in Denver should have been held by now but Kubes has done this before in Denver.

He was a top choice and interviewed for HC but decided he wanted to stay as assistant.

He waited for the perfect job which was in Houston. So it's possible he could be

wishy washy here and change his mind again.

As for Austin, he would probably take some Ravens assistants with him

if he got the job.

From the Denver post;

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27330760/gary-kubiak-will-be-john-elway-top-candidate-if-he-willing-interview

Think about it, once again if Kubes accepts the job he'd be playing second fiddle to horsefukface again. Not only that, he'd have to deal with coach manning if he doesn't retire.

If Kubiak wasn't taking the job he would have announced it already. His silence is deafening.

Maybe, or maybe he is just waiting to hear from Peyton. If not for Manning, Kubs would be walking into Houston all over again. No qb, a good defense, some good weapons on the outisde, but again, it would be no quarterback if Manning doesn't come back.... In that case and with their cap situation, that would not be a desirable job.

Yeah, I know I am going out on a limb, but I think the proof is there as I said to crav, the coaching at early ages has gotten so much better, just look at this past year's draft class for proof.

Listening to the coaches, front office people over this season, I know alot of it was coach speak, but they seem OK with the receivers they currently have, sadly. However, Brown and Aiken, who both saw a lot more action later in the season, are the same player types, and Camp, while showing flashes, has not been able to stay healthy after games. He also doesn't block well, nor does Torrey, but both Aiken & Brown do.... So what the team does with this core, is a mystery right now.

I doubt they draft one at 26 unless by some miracle Kevin White falls there. He is the perfect receiver this team needs, he has all the tools, blocking as well. I personally feel there will be one or two worth taking at 26. The bigger names, Cooper, White will go in the top 5-15 picks, after that, not many teams looking for a wide as a first priority.

Baring that miracle, I think and would be very happy with them getting Lippet from Michagan St. Tall, fast,quick, great hands, controls his body well and because of his coaching, he is a great down field blocker. I could also see them taking Shaq Washington from Cinci, though he should be there in the late 2n, maybe even the 3rd round.

He has the hands, speed, agility, decent blocker, and good size. He is more slot receiver though he has been used out wide.

But as I said, I doubt they go there, I can see them getting a lb'de as I mentioned early, or even a db like Kevin Johnson from Wake. A big, strong, fast kid with quickness, great hands & instincts. He need some work on his technique, but could easily be a nickle or dime back next season, starting corner by year two.

I also love, love Jamison Crowder, Duke, talk about Steve Smith Sr, part II wow is this kid electric, fiesty, great route runner, catches everything and has the Hines Ward attitude of blocking....

One name to watch witht the Ravens on day three, IF he comes out, is Mekale MacKay also from Cinci. 6-6, 200, huge hands, decent speed (4.6-4.7) raw talent.

Watched some highlight tapes, I know its not completely accurate but I was very impressed with Green-Beckham. Always attacked the ball at its highest point, strong hands. Looked the part of a #1 receiver. Mel Kiper projected us drafting Devin Funchess at 26. He was also a guy who attacked the ball at the highest point. He is a real big guy, so I don't know anything about his route running ability. Kiper has Funchess labeled as a WR but said he's not a flanker or a traditional tight end. Interesting.

White's speed and ability to attack the deep ball was very impressive. I didn't see much in the way of catch radius or attacking the ball.

By the way Mel Kiper projected EIGHT WRs in the first round. These guys are going to go fast!

@AlbertBreer: And if Ravens lose Kubiak/Dennison, Kyle Shanahan would be on their radar, provided he's not in Chi by then. KS impressed Ravens last year.

Hopefully a decision is made soon or we could lost out on Shanahan. it would suck to change our offensive system for the second time in two years :P