ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Kubiak Staying

dc.

Kubiak could of had the bears job or Denver's job if he wanted, just maybe he is comfortable being a coordinator? This is probably the best news this team has had in 15 years, how many times have we lost coaches right after the season and did a face palm of oh shit here we go.

Then look at it deeper as to what it means to the offense to have Kubes back. Stability, another year to fine tune things. Offensively we are on the cusp of hoisting silver Betty again, we are only a player or 2 away on defense to be dominating once again. This decision by Kubes to not jump ship only solidifies my feelings on this team too.

Couldn't have said it better. Keeping Kubes is worth 2 first round offensive draft choices at least.

Another day with no news on Kubiak to Denver. One or 2 more days of quiet on that front and I think we can put this baby to rest.

Yea.... I think he's staying because he knows the Ravens have something rare and special for next year.

Another day with no news on Kubiak to Denver. One or 2 more days of quiet on that front and I think we can put this baby to rest.

Yea.... I think he's staying because he knows the Ravens have something rare and special for next year.

Kubes is rare and special too. I keep saying Bisciotti ought to give him a ton of money, a long term contract, and the title of Assistant Head Coach like they did for Ryan.

I get the feeling Elway is going all in for the Super Bowl next year. If so, is Kubiak your first choice for that?

I think Elways past his window. Peyton turns horrible in the cold of January and this offseason they got three FA problems. Peytons not going to get any better and his weapons are leaving.

I was looking at your WR analysis from earlier in the topic. Pretty bold statement on this draft class but interesting nonetheless. Who do you think are targets for us at this point? Do you think there will be a WR worth taking? Or will they be snatched up?

Yeah, I know I am going out on a limb, but I think the proof is there as I said to crav, the coaching at early ages has gotten so much better, just look at this past year's draft class for proof.

Listening to the coaches, front office people over this season, I know alot of it was coach speak, but they seem OK with the receivers they currently have, sadly. However, Brown and Aiken, who both saw a lot more action later in the season, are the same player types, and Camp, while showing flashes, has not been able to stay healthy after games. He also doesn't block well, nor does Torrey, but both Aiken & Brown do.... So what the team does with this core, is a mystery right now.

I doubt they draft one at 26 unless by some miracle Kevin White falls there. He is the perfect receiver this team needs, he has all the tools, blocking as well. I personally feel there will be one or two worth taking at 26. The bigger names, Cooper, White will go in the top 5-15 picks, after that, not many teams looking for a wide as a first priority.

Baring that miracle, I think and would be very happy with them getting Lippet from Michagan St. Tall, fast,quick, great hands, controls his body well and because of his coaching, he is a great down field blocker. I could also see them taking Shaq Washington from Cinci, though he should be there in the late 2n, maybe even the 3rd round.

He has the hands, speed, agility, decent blocker, and good size. He is more slot receiver though he has been used out wide.

But as I said, I doubt they go there, I can see them getting a lb'de as I mentioned early, or even a db like Kevin Johnson from Wake. A big, strong, fast kid with quickness, great hands & instincts. He need some work on his technique, but could easily be a nickle or dime back next season, starting corner by year two.

I also love, love Jamison Crowder, Duke, talk about Steve Smith Sr, part II wow is this kid electric, fiesty, great route runner, catches everything and has the Hines Ward attitude of blocking....

One name to watch witht the Ravens on day three, IF he comes out, is Mekale MacKay also from Cinci. 6-6, 200, huge hands, decent speed (4.6-4.7) raw talent.

Yeah, I know I am going out on a limb, but I think the proof is there as I said to crav, the coaching at early ages has gotten so much better, just look at this past year's draft class for proof.

Listening to the coaches, front office people over this season, I know alot of it was coach speak, but they seem OK with the receivers they currently have, sadly. However, Brown and Aiken, who both saw a lot more action later in the season, are the same player types, and Camp, while showing flashes, has not been able to stay healthy after games. He also doesn't block well, nor does Torrey, but both Aiken & Brown do.... So what the team does with this core, is a mystery right now.

I doubt they draft one at 26 unless by some miracle Kevin White falls there. He is the perfect receiver this team needs, he has all the tools, blocking as well. I personally feel there will be one or two worth taking at 26. The bigger names, Cooper, White will go in the top 5-15 picks, after that, not many teams looking for a wide as a first priority.

Baring that miracle, I think and would be very happy with them getting Lippet from Michagan St. Tall, fast,quick, great hands, controls his body well and because of his coaching, he is a great down field blocker. I could also see them taking Shaq Washington from Cinci, though he should be there in the late 2n, maybe even the 3rd round.

He has the hands, speed, agility, decent blocker, and good size. He is more slot receiver though he has been used out wide.

But as I said, I doubt they go there, I can see them getting a lb'de as I mentioned early, or even a db like Kevin Johnson from Wake. A big, strong, fast kid with quickness, great hands & instincts. He need some work on his technique, but could easily be a nickle or dime back next season, starting corner by year two.

I also love, love Jamison Crowder, Duke, talk about Steve Smith Sr, part II wow is this kid electric, fiesty, great route runner, catches everything and has the Hines Ward attitude of blocking....

One name to watch witht the Ravens on day three, IF he comes out, is Mekale MacKay also from Cinci. 6-6, 200, huge hands, decent speed (4.6-4.7) raw talent.

Thanks for the analysis! It would be nice to finally get Flacco someone with a big catch radius who can also get open downfield. Marlon Brown has a pretty decent catch radius but he isn't very strong and goes down too easily. Jeremy Butler was an interesting prospect last season, I wonder how he progresses into his second year?

Preston mentioned Kubiak told Ozzie he wanted a true #1, hopefully Kubiak continues to fight for it. I've liked what I've seen on Kevin White so far.

Tim, what do you think of Green-Beckham?

Kubiak could of had the bears job or Denver's job if he wanted, just maybe he is comfortable being a coordinator? This is probably the best news this team has had in 15 years, how many times have we lost coaches right after the season and did a face palm of oh shit here we go.

Then look at it deeper as to what it means to the offense to have Kubes back. Stability, another year to fine tune things. Offensively we are on the cusp of hoisting silver Betty again, we are only a player or 2 away on defense to be dominating once again. This decision by Kubes to not jump ship only solidifies my feelings on this team too.

I don't think Chi would want him. they need someone to get that D fixed.

No on D Thomas, he drops too many balls, often loses interest in games, a real head case. we have that now in many receivers........ Now Julius, yes, go after him if the cap allows... Kub's offense to work full go, really needs an athletic tight end like Daniels use to be, to exploit the linebackers. Thomas, J, would open up so much for this offense. But then, I feel there are several tight ends in the draft who have the same or similar skill sets....

Where do you get the DT being a headcase? I think the Ravens would love him. He would really make the Offense go. He made Tebow look not imbecilic.

I think Elways past his window. Peyton turns horrible in the cold of January and this offseason they got three FA problems. Peytons not going to get any better and his weapons are leaving.

Their window padded the day they signed Peyton.

Thanks for the analysis! It would be nice to finally get Flacco someone with a big catch radius who can also get open downfield. Marlon Brown has a pretty decent catch radius but he isn't very strong and goes down too easily. Jeremy Butler was an interesting prospect last season, I wonder how he progresses into his second year?

Preston mentioned Kubiak told Ozzie he wanted a true #1, hopefully Kubiak continues to fight for it. I've liked what I've seen on Kevin White so far.

Tim, what do you think of Green-Beckham?

He is a wild card right now. he has all the physical tools, a true number one receiver type, however, did he learn anything from the past two years on how to be a professional? Those character issues would give me pause, but with the right "answers" from him, I would take him in a minute.

Butler, eh, another possesion receiver. They have him in Aiken/Brown. All three work well against zone, but none of them have the agility this team needs, the quickness, the jitter to get open against man or to make people miss in the open field. His major flaws were route running, which are teachable and I am sure he has worked on them this season.

But he is not a number one, not really a #2 even, more a slot receiver.

I don't think Chi would want him. they need someone to get that D fixed.

Where do you get the DT being a headcase? I think the Ravens would love him. He would really make the Offense go. He made Tebow look not imbecilic.

Their window padded the day they signed Peyton.

I've no doubt he has all the talent, a great top receiver. However, his drops are not from poor hands, they are from a lack of concentration that goes back even to his college days.

DB's have been able to get in his head, make him press, which leads to his drops. Shoot, just look at the key drops he had last week alone, all from pressing, trying to do too much. At this stage of his life, that should not be happening. For the cost to get him, and what this team would have to lose player wise, I don't think he is worht it. Especially, as I have been saying, with this draft class of receivers; deepest in a long, long time.

Alright T who's a decent db out there, one who is not afraid to tackle?

My favorite is Kevin Johnson from wake. 6-175, runs a 4-4.5 he is quick as well as fast, has loose hips, great instincts and loves to tackle. He has good quick hands to jam receivers and the quickness to recover. he also can return punts...... where will he go? Anywhere from low first to early 3rd round.

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu from Oregon is a smaller db, but wow, can the kid play. A ball hawk, recognizes routes quickly, good speed & quickness. With his injury, who knows where he will go, pre injury, he was a first round talent, 15-20 in round 1.

Ladarius Gunter from the U, 6-2, 200, 4.5 speed, another great hands db with the arm legnth and hands to jam, the quickness to receover. He needs some work on recognizing routes, on technique, but he can be had in the 3rd or so.

A sleeper is Cam Thomas from Western Kentucky. All the tools, 6'-1, 190, 4.5 speed, but he didn't face the best talent at wide out. When he did play the big boys, he stood out, so there is some evidence he can be a starter sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 1

A horse is a horse of course of course and no one can talk to horse of course unless the horse is the famous John Elway. I havn't forgotten 1983 and how he told Baltimore To shove it. Hopefully no one on this site ever forgets and certainly never forgives.Eff Emm

Every man has his price.

You can bet Elway will offer the huge house, cars, $$$$$....and lies.

Still...why be a HC with an organization that will be years trying to find a QB? He knows he can't win this year with Manning. He watched everything go down the toilet with the QB in Houston.