ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Lost season - It happens !

varaven45

Today's loss defines this season, this team- play just well enough to LOSE. We have a losing team this year. Everything that' could have wrong this year has. It happens.

But there's a damn fine line between winning and losing. We are a crappy team but so is half the NFL .

Finish up the year, have a solid draft, maybe Periman, SSS and Suggs return, and Ozzie gets game this offseason. The Biscuit must be dying; I know I am and can't wait for April 2016 to hurry the hell up

Every pro franchise has its Armageddin year - we are witnessing it front and center.

We'll laugh about it later, maybe next year or 2017.

Cleve just beat us and probably will again. Joe has no weapons and the

secondary cant close out games. Elvis lost it with a face mask penalty as

time expired and gave them an extra FG.

I've been saying just a bump in a road all season and was with Nest 1 again

watching every game but this is really depressing. I don't remember Ravens

ever winning just 2 games since coming here. Even Vinny's teams were better

than this and so were Billick's 04 and 05 and 07 teams.

Anyone remember that Cinci game in 04 or 05 and we make the POs if we win when

Clarence Alligator Arms Moore caught the ball fell but didnt crawl forward 1 yd for the

first down. We keep the ball, win and go to the POs but they got the ball and went down

the field for the win.

Today's game with Elvis reminds me of that game.

I was in Miami for the last game in 07 and ball was 1/2'' from goal line with 1 sec left and

Billick refused to run McGahee. Troy Smith a rookie QB who took over for Boller in the game

is begging him to go for it and Billick says, I run this team. Kick team goes and and Stover

makes it but the entire team on the side line throws their helmets on the ground and is kicking

the dirst and cussing mad.

Stover missed a chip shot for him in OT then on the next play CAM calls for a plass that went

80 yard and the game winner for them.

Billick was the only coach who couldnt beat CAM that year and was promptly fired for it.

That's what happens when you lose games like those and today's.

OK, so where do we go with a top 5 draft pick? Don't say WR.

WR and I'm serious with one caveat he must be BPA.

Honestly, I think we can go about 5 different ways. BPA from Pass Rusher, WR, LT, CB. Perfect scenario, we get the #1 pick and someone throws draft picks at us to get the best QB in the draft. Worst case scenario, we get the 6th pick in the draft and the can't miss studs are gone leaving Ozzie to take another ILB.

We need a 2015-2020 version of Ray Ray to LEAD the D. Don't know where we get em ' but that's what we need.

Yesterday's penultimate play (Dumervil's gem) showcased the massive void in leadership and accountability.

If I'm Ozzie (and scouting staff), I am spending 24/7 seeking a Defensive leader type - a Luke Keuchley, JJ Watt kind of guy - in the 2016 draft.

We don't have a single leader or potential leader on the current roster.

We need a 2015-2020 version of Ray Ray to LEAD the D. Don't know where we get em ' but that's what we need.

Yesterday's penultimate play (Dumervil's gem) showcased the massive void in leadership and accountability.

If I'm Ozzie (and scouting staff), I am spending 24/7 seeking a Defensive leader type - a Luke Keuchley, JJ Watt kind of guy - in the 2016 draft.

We don't have a single leader or potential leader on the current roster.

What's sad is, where's Suggs? This proves he never wanted to be a leader. Nobody has heard from the guy, he was always posting on social media, its like he fell off the face of the earth.

One thing for sure is this before we draft.

Give these players extreme physicals before even considering drafting them. Look at their total game history, going back to their high school days. Interview them at length and make their health statements a condition of employment. Another words, if they lie and that lie is later determined, their contract can be immediately made null and void, and we owe them nothing.

They're already doing that - giving them extreme physicals. The cases of Kindle

and Perriman are extreme.

They also have multiple interviews at the combine and later at the Castle. Now the Kindle

interview should have ran up red flags all over the room when he was asked why he left the

scene of an accident when he ran his car into the side of a bldg while texting in Texas.

Kindle replied that it seemed to be the thing to do at the time. Thats a bad answer and he should have

been written off then. Weirdly though, he had a strange sleep walking disase. Ravens knew that too

but after he was drafted he took a walk while sleeping or he was drunk at a party and stayed at

the house and took a wrong turn and fell down the steps and cracked his head but there were plenty

of other red signs from Texas. A guy on another message board from there kept telling us a lot of

things that happened to him and begged Ozzie not to draft him.

But they do get extensive physicals from the best doctors in the country and have plenty of

interviews. They interviewed Paul Kruger's brother twice last year and I thought they were going

to draft him. He said they mostly sat around the table and talked about Paul and how much they liked

him which was strange since they didn't even try to sign him and he bitched leaving about not getting

enough snaps in SB47. Ozzie said it had something to do with 4 future HOFer around him but thes

situation downs continued in Cleveland as well. He's a 2-down edge rusher and both the coach

and GM that gave him $45M were fired.

Ravens dont need more interviews just better interviews and reading the red flags like Kindles.

They also bring in the ones they like for workouts.