ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The Ravens sign a turd

papasmurfbell

If Shaub is the problem, start Clausen and use Renner as the backup. Sheesh! The damned season is over anyway, wtf are we trying to salvage?

Good question. Is the Fo being prudent In the event Flacco is out longer than expected? Or Is this an attempt to have some kinda plan b in the event flacco and his agent play hard ball

Good question. Is the Fo being prudent In the event Flacco is out longer than expected? Or Is this an attempt to have some kinda plan b in the event flacco and his agent play hard ball

Interesting point. But I hope Mallet is plan d not plan b.

I don't know what all you guys are bitching about. Mallet threw the longest TD pass to Manningham

in Michigan's history and he was a back up Brady not that long ago when they needed one. Statement

made with tongue firmly in cheek. LOL

Me thinks some people here don't know what cap hell means. The Ravens aren't in this situation

because of cap hell but 80% of the team and 100% of their skilled players on offense are in the hospital.

I posted two links before the season started, one from SI and the other from Peter King that

predicted Ravens to win SB 50. On paper they had the best team but bad things happened since

then that had nothing to do with the cap.

And speaking of which, Ozzie made a great move trading an old Ngata saving $16M in salary. Now

that would have kept us from getting someone, maybe Mallet. Yea, he still has a $8M hit

in dead money but it would be $16M and Ngata has done nothing in Detroit and was placed

on injured reserve when the season started. The two picks he got from Detroit were Maxx Williams

the TE and Z. Smith ILB. Both have played frequently. Z has one sack and Maxx has 1 TD.

If you want to point the finger point to the CBA where players won a victory by doing away with

2 practices in pads per day in summer cap. There's a reason for the hard work there and that

will prevent injuries. Slowing down to one practice pr day may have caused some of these

injuries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Mallett

So you want a QB who oversleeps and is late for practice. Hell a QB that can't even make the team plane for an away game. A guy that has had drug issues. And you also talk of cap issues. That is the point. Nobody was beating this asses door down and they gave him a 2 yr 2.5 mil deal. At best it should have been a base deal with incentives. I said it from the start. He is a locker room cancer. His sickness can wipe off on the rest of the locker room. That said SSS doesn't like those guys. He beat the piss out of one in Car. Maybe he does it to Mallet.

It sure does, good signing from our front office and if mallet screws up he's gone and if he doesn't he gets 1.5 next year, pretty cheap for a back up

Well, they have receivers they need to see which ones stay & which ones go. You can't do that with out game tape & with out a quarterback who can throw the ball.

We know the rookie stays, Aiken stays, he just needs to bulk up a bit, get stronger. His attitude in catching the ball is fantastic; a Boldin like receiver.

But who else? butler is Harb's favorite, but hanging onto the ball, running proper routes, staying on his route are issues. Marlon Brown, sadly, he is likely gone given how little playing time he has gotten as the season went on.

Givens??? Terrible routes, but speed & hands are solid. Mathews? Is he just a fill in or will his toughness and good hands help him stick around?

Dan Brown, does he stay? tall, big body, great hands but no speed and we all know white man can't jump....

Well, they have receivers they need to see which ones stay & which ones go. You can't do that with out game tape & with out a quarterback who can throw the ball.

We know the rookie stays, Aiken stays, he just needs to bulk up a bit, get stronger. His attitude in catching the ball is fantastic; a Boldin like receiver.

But who else? butler is Harb's favorite, but hanging onto the ball, running proper routes, staying on his route are issues. Marlon Brown, sadly, he is likely gone given how little playing time he has gotten as the season went on.

Givens??? Terrible routes, but speed & hands are solid. Mathews? Is he just a fill in or will his toughness and good hands help him stick around?

Dan Brown, does he stay? tall, big body, great hands but no speed and we all know white man can't jump....

The guy you are missing here is the guy I'm most excited about, Campanero.

He was starting to really show some flashes before the injury. I'm really hoping he can contribute 16 games next season.