ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Texans Game

varaven45

5 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

I didnt get it.  They had enough RBs.  They had other needs.

So beating down a really good team.  The Ravens are goingto be hard to beat.  Their weakest link is the coach but the players have covered for his flaws in the past.

Why is the weakest link you say is the coach?

Yes he fucked up against the chiefs. I agree there. But I thought he's been spot on since.

Until he makes the exact same mistake he has made before again.  I see him do it all the time.  He just cant be trusted to make the right call in a crunch situation.  Also his game mang sucks.  He again makes the same mistakes all the time.  

Today that fake that blew up in his face is a good example.  It was unneeded and gave some hope to the Texans.

31 minutes ago, cravnravn said:

Why is the weakest link you say is the coach?

Yes he fucked up against the chiefs. I agree there. But I thought he's been spot on since.

Because he's an asshole who has to repeat himself over and over. He's quite stupid too. 

And the fake punt didn't blow up in anyone's face, it didn't work but didn't hurt anything.

I read this game thread. Here's what I saw at the stadium.

The Ravens offense starts slow in the first quarter, Lamar hands off but doesn't run. Boykin can't get any separation. Scratch that experiment in getting him touches. Back to the drawing board. There 's 2 in-completes. Brown was well covered. And then spaced in between was an assortment of ineffective runs.

Or were they?

This Ravens offense builds and builds during the game. As the packages keep rolling out, suddenly a defense becomes overwhelmed by all the different looks and things they are seeing. Assignments start getting confused and missed.  By they second half of the second quarter the Texans D was overwhelmed. They were in over their heads. Do they play the run? Spy on Lamar and play close to the line of scrimmage to contain him? Oh shit! He threw one over our heads! We got to stop that. Oh shit! he's running loose! :scared: Damn! Hey! Who's this guy Ricard!?! The Tight Ends! Anderws TD! Forgot about them! Come on man!  Forgot about Ingram! TD!

Those ineffective runs? Very important. The Texans chose to stay home for that. Result: Lamar throws 4TD's thankyouverymuch! :gorave: ...and then by the 3rd and 4th quarter...Oh shit! :scared: Gus Edwards! :yeah:

What do you think Mike?

Preston: Ravens have become a complete team, and the rest of the NFL might not be able to keep up............

The Ravens are mauling folks. They’re playing old-school football with a brand of physicality from the 1960s and ’70s. There’s a mix of the new-wave passing game with crossing routes, picks and run-pass options, but the Ravens just deliver good, old-fashioned smackdowns.

That’s the scary part.

.......https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/analysis/preston/bs-sp-preston-ravens-balance-20191118-lpcnjn3fevf3vlxdpyjlml6i5i-story.html

Scary indeed - that Preston provides such accolades and kudos.  Hey, this is a very special team - interesting swagger, chemistry and character.

While we all enjoy the fun ride, lets hope our team stays healthy and even keeled. 

From some of yesterday's post games interviews these guys are funny and engaging but starting to get a little too cocky.

Harbaugh might remind them that we haven't won squat yet, there's lots of season left w/some big games against LA, San Fran, Buffalo, Cleveland & Pittsburgh.

Any one of these teams could knock us on our arses. 

In the meantime, this is one damn fun team and it'll be interesting to see how they keep their swagger, sense of urgency and dominance.

Go Ravens  !