ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Steelers

vmax

For Ravens fans this has all the look and feel of a game 3 in the pre season or "our back ups against yours."

AFC: Who's out

7. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-7): The Steelers lost to the Jets on Sunday afternoon, which really hurt them in the playoff race! They are not the No. 6 seed any more and don't control their own destiny anymore either. If the Titans win next week Tennessee will end up in the postseason by strength of victory.

9. .Oakland Raiders (7-8): The Raiders have a miracle shot to make the playoffs, see above.

Who's eliminated

9. Indianapolis Colts (7-8)
10. Cleveland Browns (6-9)
11. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-10)
12. Denver Broncos (6-9)
13. New York Jets (6-9)
14. Los Angeles Chargers (5-10)

15. Miami Dolphins (4-11) 
16. Cincinnati Bengals (1-14) 

I say "Send them forth! Unto...." :fishin:

Team Stats

pit.png&h=100&w=100 bal.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 18.6 33.5
Points Allowed Per Game 18.3 18.1
Total Yards 298.3 421.8
Yards Passing 207.9 216.9
Yards Rushing 90.4 204.9
Yards Allowed 325.9 325.5
Pass Yards Allowed 223.9 232.5
Rush Yards Allowed 102.0 93.0

Funny...for some reason I think it’ll be a fun game to watch. I believe Harbs said we’ll see McSorley later in the game too.

Big game for RG! He’ll get to perform for other teams. A chance to restart his career.

Good news about Ingram! He’ll be back for the playoff run.

Yep,  Sundays tilt against the rustbuckets is intriguing and could be lots of fun.  So log as we stay healthy. 

btw- who says Ingram will be back for playoff run ?  I've heard everything from he may to possibly to likely.

Sound more like "we'll see". 

I'm 100 % convinced we must have him in our 1st PO game.     Besides Lamar, he's the single most important key to our offense. 

If and a BIG IF, if we play KC,, we must have Ingram.    

It's a battle of "our back up QB is better than your back up QB!"

Most of the team will be playing so they won't "rust." How many of you think that Lamar will get lackadaisical and sluggish getting ready for a playoff game?

I'm not worried about him or Ingram. It's the overall speed and execution of all 3 units that must be maintained at their current level. When you add rest and healing to the equation, all 3 units 'could be' extremely hard to handle for any playoff opponent. It's hard enough now but with them being healthy? Look out.

2 hours ago, vmax said:

It's a battle of "our back up QB is better than your back up QB!"

Most of the team will be playing so they won't "rust." How many of you think that Lamar will get lackadaisical and sluggish getting ready for a playoff game?

I'm not worried about him or Ingram. It's the overall speed and execution of all 3 units that must be maintained at their current level. When you add rest and healing to the equation, all 3 units 'could be' extremely hard to handle for any playoff opponent. It's hard enough now but with them being healthy? Look out.

We have never been in this playoff situation, so who knows if we will be rusty after a couple of weeks off. I hope to hell  not.

Besides knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs here's another thing to pull for; the Ravens need 93 rushing yards to set another all time record for most rushing yards by a team in a season.

Some playoff facts....

No team has reached the Super Bowl without a first-round bye since the 2012 Ravens. Eighteen of the last 25 Super Bowl champions have been either a No. 1 or No. 2 seed.

The 2010 Packers were the last wild-card team to advance to the Super Bowl.

Over the last 25 years, 39 of the 50 teams that played in the Super Bowl were either a No. 1 or a No. 2 seed. There were 13 No. 2 seeds, two No. 3 seeds, six No. 4 seeds, one No. 5 seed and two No. 6 seeds.

Rain....:nono:.....but it will be warm.

So who's going to take this one Pete?

Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens (+2)

The Steelers need this game in the worst way to have a playoff shot, while the Ravens are locked in as the top seed. The Ravens will be resting guys, mainly Lamar Jackson, which gives the Steelers a shot. But Robert Griffin III is better than Duck Hodges anyway. Ravens still win, even though they are resting people. 

Pick: Ravens 21, Steelers 17...............https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-priscos-nfl-week-17-picks-eagles-edge-giants-to-earn-nfc-east-title-seahawks-top-49ers-to-win-nfc-west/

Are they any contrarians out there???

Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens

Sunday, 4:25 p.m. ET (CBS)
Point spread: Steelers -2

Because they're playing at the same time as Houston and Tennessee, the Steelers will be all in on vying for a playoff spot. Devlin Hodges isn't going to make it easy, but Pittsburgh's rock-solid defense will be enough against Robert Griffin III to get them the "W."

Prediction: Steelers 21, Ravens 20................https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-17-odds-picks-eagles-win-nfc-east-titans-clinch-playoff-berth-seahawks-upset-49ers/

Edited by vmax

The Sun is all split up on who will win. Just like many fans.

Mike Preston, columnist

Steelers 21, Ravens 17: The Steelers have to win and the Ravens don’t. That motivation should be enough to carry the Steelers to victory, even though their offense is inept. Pittsburgh’s defense is strong enough to put the Steelers over the top in a game in which the Ravens are playing without quarterback Lamar Jackson, running back Mark Ingram II and guard Marshal Yanda.

Peter Schmuck, columnist

Ravens 19, Steelers 16: Though the Ravens will be holding back a ton of talent, they won’t be overmatched by the Steelers and they will be able to squeak by and add to their franchise unprecedented 11-game winning streak. Robert Griffin III hasn’t played much, but he’s still better than either of the quarterbacks that might play for Pittsburgh. It’ll be a big day for kicker Justin Tucker....https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ravens-vs-steelers-staff-picks-who-will-win-sundays-regular-season-finale/ar-BBYmjDA?ocid=U508DHP

Right now I'm seeing it like Schmuck.....

MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJi "I see a Ravens win, 19-13 in a typically ugly, Ravens Steelers game.

Duck will give the game away and the Ravens have Peko to fill in for Williams. Peko is all on and totally caught up on the Lamar and Big Truss fever.

Big Truss will win the day. :gorave:

pit.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=truebal.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Steelers (8-7) at Ravens (13-2)

4:25 p.m. ET | CBS
Matchup rating: 54.4 | Spread: PIT -2 (37)

What to watch for: The Steelers are fighting for their playoff lives and are the only undefeated team in Week 17 since 2008. The Ravens have already clinched the top seed in the AFC and could make as many as six Pro Bowl players inactive, including NFL MVP front-runner Lamar Jackson. -- Jamison Hensley

Bold prediction: The Steelers will score two defensive touchdowns. A week ago, outside linebacker Bud Dupree said the defense has to score for the Steelers to win. They'll do so in the finale against the Ravens, but the offense won't be able to come up with a game-winning drive. -- Brooke Pryor

Stat to know: The Steelers haven't scored 30 points in a game this season. The last time they went a full season without scoring 30 points in a game was 1971.

What's at stake: Pittsburgh can clinch the AFC's No. 6 seed via three different scenarios: 1) a win and a Titans loss, 2) losses by the Titans and Raiders with a Colts win, or 3) wins by the Colts and Raiders along with losses by the Bears, Lions, Chargers and Patriots. The Ravens have already clinched home-field advantage and plan to hold out most of their key players for this game.

Betting nugget: Pittsburgh has won 11 straight Week 17 games, the longest active streak in the NFL (7-4 ATS). It's 11-1 overall in Week 17 under Mike Tomlin. Read more.

Pryor's pick: Ravens 17, Steelers 14
Hensley's pick: Steelers 23, Ravens 20
FPI prediction: BAL, 85.1% (by an average of 13.8 points)................https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28366043/week-17-nfl-game-picks-schedule-guide-playoff-scenarios-more

"Pittsburgh has won 11 straight Week 17 games, the longest active streak in the NFL (7-4 ATS). " That ends.

Head Coaches are important but Lamar will have this team fired up and focused.

ELo9BEoWwAEjiql.jpg

Edited by vmax

Who's not playing....

Ravens tight end Mark Andrews (ankle) and rookie wide receiver Marquise “Hollywood” Brown (illness) are questionable for Sunday’s regular-season finale against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Cornerbacks Marcus Peters (chest) and Jimmy Smith (groin), as well as safety Earl Thomas III (knee/hand) are also questionable.

Running back Mark Ingram II (calf) has been ruled out. With the Ravens having secured the AFC’s top seed, coach John Harbaugh announced Monday that Ingram, Thomas, quarterback Lamar Jackson, guard Marshal Yanda and defensive tackle Brandon Williams won’t play against the Steelers. He refused to divulge which additional starters would not play in the regular-season finale.....https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-andrews-brown-steelers-connor-pouncey-20191227-dgwlnm2t3zhlnnqde7ekbmnwru-story.html

There's plenty to play for today....and enjoy.

Like... I'll be wearing my AFC North Championship hat and "The North is Not Enough" shirt. In an easy and relaxed manor, I'll casually and innocently hover around Steeler fans where they can not avoid a good view of it. :fishin: No need to taunt. The looks on their faces should suffice.

93 yards! This is a huge record to break. The All Time Team rushing record that many have considered unbreakable as this has become a passing league. Name it. Claim it.

Knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs...Check! :thumbup:

Winning 12 in a row and finishing with a team record 14-2 for the first time.

Finally....This last one is going to be hard to pull off, yet I'm not one to back down from a challange.

I intend to inspire fans to join me and perform Gene Kelly's dance in 'Singing in the Rain' as we merrily leave the stadium... :gorave:346A83B900000578-3601096-image-m-16_1463Gene-Kelly-Singing-in-the-rain.png?ssl=1

48 minutes ago, Spen said:

Great game, excellent season. Who would have thought the rushing record would fall in 2019?

@vmax was it fun or just cold and wet? I went to the rain game last season and don't want to repeat it soon

It was a friggn'n blast. The 4th quarter especially when that Ravens fan ripped his shirt off in the rain and we were doing the R-A-V-E-N-S!!! cheer. And then the players smelled blood in the water and basically went psycho.

I brought rain gear and didn't need it and it was warm so that really helped. Wet and cold is no fun, but that was not the case today.

The looks on the Steer fans were priceless and I did my thing innocently standing in their face with my AFC North Champs hat on...:fishin:

The Steelers had everything to play for.

Instead...dr-strangelove-peter-sellers.jpg?w=450 "They were sent forth into the weeping and gnashing of teeth..."

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, cravnravn said:

14-2....whoodathunkit it besides me?

crav we've never seen anything like this.

The Ravens are the first team in the history of the NFL to average over 200 yards rushing and 200 yards passing a game for a season. Think about it.

The O line steam rolled the Steeler D. They are ready to do the same in the playoffs. We may not have seen their best yet.

Here...I'm bringing her out for you....and everybody...let's celebrate.

jVOlS5I.gif

• Upvote 1