ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Coronavirus

vmax

Hogan has been amazing.  That said this is not going to end well.  Ppl are not going to continue to sit back and have their small pleasures like playing bball or gong to the corner bar taken from them much longer.  In general most ppl have sad existences and these small pleasures make life manageable for them.  This will turn bloody soon.

I was furloughed Friday. The company hopes to be back up and running by June and they said they don't want to lose anybody.  I filed for unemployment for the first time in my life.

We're all in new waters. Everybody. Many in worse situations than mine because I can pay my bills. My heart goes out to them. I've been there too.

Now the big wait for 5-14 days to see if I got dosed while I was working with crews in peoples homes. The worst part of that was that as each day came and more was revealed about this virus, my conscience bothered me more and more in thinking that I could be a carrier and infect others.....especially worried about the people who were most vulnerable with preexisting health conditions. I probably would not have shown up for work Monday morning after reading this:

Gov. Larry Hogan issued the following update to Marylanders:

"It took nearly three weeks for the national capital region to go from 0 to 1,000 cases of COVID-19. It took three days for the region to go from 1,000 to 2,000 cases in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia. This is a rapidly evolving and escalating emergency which is now surrounding the nation's capital.

"The number of deaths in our state as a result of COVID-19 has doubled. We have lost 10 of our fellow Marylanders, and we mourn each and every one of them.

"Tonight, Maryland has experienced a tragic coronavirus outbreak at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Mount Airy. Multiple state agencies are on the scene and working closely with the local health department and the facility as they take urgent steps to protect additional residents and staff who may have been exposed.

"I want to thank all of the doctors, nurses, and first responders all across our state who are working around the clock to respond to this pandemic.

"As we have been warning for weeks, older Marylanders and those with underlying health conditions are more vulnerable and at a significantly higher risk of contracting this disease.

"We continue to call for Marylanders to stay at home, except for essential reasons, in order to help stop the spread of this virus.

"We are leveraging the full arsenal of public health and government, but defeating this invisible enemy will require a unity of effort and spirit like nothing we have ever faced."

While I don't know you personally, Max, it's evident to me that you're a good man. 

I hope that because of the $2.2 trillion relief bill, your employer is able to keep you on the payroll as long as necessary.

In the meantime I wish you and your family good health.

8 hours ago, oldno82 said:

While I don't know you personally, Max, it's evident to me that you're a good man. 

I hope that because of the $2.2 trillion relief bill, your employer is able to keep you on the payroll as long as necessary.

In the meantime I wish you and your family good health.

Second that, I wish everyone good health here.  

Thanks! I wish everybody to be safe and in good health.

Remember...I was a pretty good troll at one time. Ask crav. :yeah:

Believe it or not, one of my main goals in life is grow and go towards being as good a man as I can be. As you know...I fall short at times. :fishin: Like everybody, I have my strengths and weaknesses, so it seems that sainthood may not be my lot in life.

So............ we're on Lock Down....

The stay-at-home directive will be enforced, the governor said. Any person who knowingly and willfully violates the order is guilty of a misdemeanor.

“Marylanders need to know that, unfortunately, we are only at the beginning of this crisis and it is going to get considerably worse before it gets better,” Hogan said. “I realize this is incredibly difficult on everyone in our state, but I want people to know that we have been through difficult challenges before and that we are going to get through this together.”

People who have traveled outside of the region should self-quarantine for 14 days, Hogan said.

Marylanders are expected to receive an alert on their mobile phones today with an announcement about the stay-at-home directive.

“This is a rapidly escalating emergency situation,” the governor said.

Still, Hogan said Marylanders “are not locked in their homes." Besides essential trips, people can go for walks by themselves or the people they live with, but only for short amounts of time. Congregating in parks or shopping for home goods is not OK......https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-md-stay-at-home-hogan-covid-19-20200330-pmid22rvirdwbppx4xpgjadoim-story.html

I guess this means I can't ride my bike in parks or on trails. It does say we can take short walks.

I'm trying to stay isolated since Friday was my last day working and in public. Right now I feel good, but we'll see over the next week. The "Wait and See" is for all of us.

Yea...a little bit of humor never hurts. And most certainly I am aware of the fire raging at our doors and the pain and suffering outside.

Day 6 for me staying at home after Fridays furlough. No symptoms. I hope it's the same for everybody else.

Now I am following the Governors orders to the T.

This part I hope That I'm getting correct....

Yes, you can still go outside.

Walking or running around your block or going for a hike at a local county or state park is OK. Taking your dog for a walk is fine, too. The governor’s office just asks that you practice social distancing as you come across others and above all, use common sense......https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-md-stay-at-home-questions-coronavirus-20200402-jpymuushafc3zmb3rn43rflbwi-story.html

Yesterday I went for a bike ride. The park was basically empty so there was no contact with people. I hit the food store on the way home because it had been a week. That felt like the most dangerous place. People were talking in the aisles like it was a holiday, unaware they were spitting germs into the atmosphere and all over. Probably being home alone made it hard for them to keep quiet. I'm thinking the virus is definitely here. I had gloves but no mask. Can't get one. I had to thank the cashier and employees that I saw for serving the public and taking the risk.

So I think bike riding is ok unless anybody has different information. I also take a walk everyday and cross paths with few people. Yoga! :fishin:...Yea I'm doing that and lifting weights at home. This is my opportunity to get in better shape becausec work just has me running like a dog and not able to take care of myself.

Keeping in daily touch with my family.

I'm interested in hearing what everybody is doing.

ade54a91b4a93339575835f9c59e79b8.jpg

I WFH for a living and whatever site visits I had ended last week.  

I personally enjoy that life has slowed down, feel like this is a higher power making us slow down, but who knows.  

We take a lot of walks and are catching up with yard stuff and cleaning.  Kids have lots to do between being outside, piano, games and arguing. :)

My wife has lost two of her three jobs, but her main one is teaching music from home and that is all virtual and doing well.

Funny that you said yard stuuf. 15 minutes ago my son said he was going to stop at Home Depot to get those brown yard waste bags. He's planning my weekend. 😀

I like the slowing down part but I don't like the "feeling helpless" part....meaning I want to get out and help people yet I'm high risk. All of us are will have to tighten our belts to get through this.

I like this idea....

Hogan also said he understands people are frustrated with not being able to attend religious services, and called for a statewide moment of unity this coming Sunday.

“At noon this Sunday, I am calling on all Marylanders, regardless of faith, to join together at home, or wherever you are, in a moment of prayer or reflection for those we have lost, those who are sick, and the doctors, nurses, clinicians, health care workers and first responders on the front lines around the clock, working to bring about a new dawn in our history,” Hogan said......https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coronavirus-cases-now-in-60-nursing-home-facilities-across-maryland-the-virus-is-everywhere/ar-BB128Jjd?ocid=hplocalnews

Hey! We're Marylanders man! We got to stick together!

Well, guys my wife and I are both 71 and our adult son is living with us because he's recovering from congestive heart failure that he got from a virus in December. Work was driving him crazy too. He's on some pretty strong medication while he recuperates here. He's been able to resume teleworking but going to work was out anyway. We won't know how he's really doing until late May.

Soooo, we have 3 high risk people living under the same roof. 

Got our first food delivery from Instacart yesterday and were very pleased with that. Just got our first delivery of son's meds from the pharmacy and that went well too. God bless the people doing the deliveries and the shopping for us. And of course the docs and nurses and other medical people.

Right now we're following all the orders to a 't'. Hoping if everybody does the same we'll flatten the curve.

Lol Dee! Good to hear from you. For now, you'll just have to live off the fortune that you are making off this board. :fishin:

My heart goes out for you 82. We're going to get through this however bumpy it gets. You know what to do.

I'm going for a bike ride now since it went well on Thursday. No other stops. To the park and then home.

coronavirus-funny-jokes-2-5e74d51db3228_

My prayers are with each & everyone of you. I know this world isn't easy right now, uncertainty, doubt, fear. But don't let those three control you, believe the three who are beside you, The Father, Son and their Holy Spirit to guide you, inspire you, empower you.

Wow...you need to read this. Trump knew a month ahead of time how bad this would get if action wasn't taken immediately. Instead he told us "“We have it very much under control in this country.”  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/coronavirus-response-delayed-despite-health-officials-private-alarm/ar-BB12hHtT?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U508DHP