ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Rex Ryan

RavensNest8483

Word on the street in STL is that the Rams players really want to play of Haslett for a full season. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept him around for 2 years as a transition coach before bringing in a "face of the franchise"-type coach once the team is decent.

But if Rex came to STL, I'd meet him at the airport and personally show him around. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Word on the street in STL is that the Rams players really want to play of Haslett for a full season. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept him around for 2 years as a transition coach before bringing in a "face of the franchise"-type coach once the team is decent.

But if Rex came to STL, I'd meet him at the airport and personally show him around. :D

I would not be shocked if they kept Haslett around either since a number of players supported him.

The Ryan interview is Sunday. But like most of the other interviews, the interview is probably in LA.

Rex leaving is an inevitability, it will happen, if not this year, then in one of the next two years to come. I'm most concerned with how we replace him. I'm hoping the Ravens have someone in mind to replace Rex that will incorporate similar defensive schemes and principles. I was not a big fan of the defenses the Ravens fielded after Lewis left until Rex took over. I really like the crazy schemes the Ravens have going on, it's alot of fun to watch.

What's the big deal about Rex leaving? Have we ever had trouble replacing a coach in the past? Mike Smith and Jack Del Rio were just hanging around on our roster, waiting for gigs, until they found better jobs elsewhere.

I say Greg Mattison steps right into Rex's role without missing a beat. Our defense may even improve *gasp*.

I don't think Mattison will be the choice. He's never been a fan of the NFL like he has college, and the only reason he came here from Florida was because of Harbaugh. Remember also that this is his first year ever coaching in the pros.

Harbaugh might want him, but I don't think it's his job.

Rex leaving is an inevitability, it will happen, if not this year, then in one of the next two years to come. I'm most concerned with how we replace him. I'm hoping the Ravens have someone in mind to replace Rex that will incorporate similar defensive schemes and principles. I was not a big fan of the defenses the Ravens fielded after Lewis left until Rex took over. I really like the crazy schemes the Ravens have going on, it's alot of fun to watch.

Yea, I, too, was concerned about the eventual replacement for Rex upon his departure. My vote would go for Clarence Brooks he seems to be a close protege of Rex's and has probably inherited many of his defensive theories. Another potential replacement from our current coaching roster could be Chuck Pagano.