ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ed Reed visited with Adam Schein and Rich Gannon of SiriusXM NFL Radio...

Dunno

...and threw Cam Cameron under the bus?

"It’s a lot of things that we all need to correct going into New England because they do such a great job of making adjustments, you know, in-game adjustments. It’s not just coming up with a scheme and playing the game. You gotta be able to make adjustments while the game is in the flow."

Link to PFT

The interview

Ed should keep his mouth shut to the media about stuff like this.

I agree with what he said, but he really needs to say that to Cam, Joe and Harbaugh. Then he needs to stand in front of the O line and give them the speech too.

Then, if the Ravens secondary gets torched Sunday, he needs to go back on this radio show and tell them what he should have done.

This is intriguing and mind boggling at the same time. Obviously like you guys I think the timing is horrendous. I guess we're so close to the SB that Ed feels the urgency - we all remember how hard he took the Indy loss a couple of years ago. He probably figured he'd regret it if he didn't say something and Joe played timid again.

I cannot believe he not only called out Joe and Cam, but also the Oline and Rice all in one article. What are we, the Jets?

I'm intrigued because this is our first glimpse into what Reed and possibly more of the D players really think of Flacco. Skip Bayless will be alllll over this.

Guest BallTMore

I think you may be correct, OTR. I think Ed can feel this is his best shot.

Still, give a speech in private. Doing it this way at this time is just bizarre.

Ed Reed: " I don''t always speak up, but when I do... I prefer starting shit. Stay miserable my friends

ed_reed_560.jpg

WHAT THEY DIDN'T TELL US.

In a majority of the articles I’ve read, for whatever reason, writers excluded Reed’s powerful statements about his confidence in Flacco’s ability to match the production of New England’s offense.

When asked if Flacco and the offense can keep pace with Brady, Reed didn’t blink.

“Oh yeah, definitely,” he said. “Without a doubt.”

“I think Flacco can have a breakout game, especially after last week. I know he’s p.o.‘ed about what happened and his performance. He could feel a little rust coming off of a bye week and not going full speed as much. So I know he is definitely coming back to show himself off.”

But instead of focusing on that, headlines around the web are focusing on Reed’s analysis of the Ravens’ offensive production against the stout Texans’ defense.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/01/18/late-for-work-118-wow-never-cross-suggs-when-it-comes-to-joe/

No excuse for Reed making public his opinions of a fellow teammate, especially a key one before the biggest game of the season. I expected more from him. What he had to say may be true but you just don't air dirty laundry at a time like this. I am VERY disappointed in Mr Reed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Flacco is not an elite quarterback but he's a good enough one to take us to the playoffs 4 years in a row. If the Ravens feel that they need someone better I have no idea where they think they'll get him when we're drafting around the 30th slot year in and year out.

I am soooo sick of hearing about this story all day on every single media outlet. Ed Reed has got to be the single dumbest player in the NFL for calling out his own quarterback a week before the biggest game of BOTH their careers. Maybe Flacco should call out Reed for dropping TWO interceptions sunday that could have ended that game alot sooner. I thought Flacco played great on Sunday. I was there I saw everything right in front me, not like on TV where they follow the ball. The texans D was legit. Heres what I saw.

I saw receivers dropping passes left and right, especially early in the game when Flacco could really use a rythm and gain confidence in his receivers. Ray rice slipped on his cut, no receivers were actually getting open consistently

I saw an offensive line get absoluted man handled by the texans. They moved Flacco off the spot all day, they distrupted everything. He never had a clean pocket.

I saw our run game struggle all day, this problem can be related to the offensive line getting beat so bad. They had no push whatsoever. Only one screen was successfull all day. Ricky ran hard but rice was a non factor.

I saw our special teams play like a non playoff contender. Giving up the big opening run back after winning the toss and choosing to kickoff. Stepping on the goalline when trying to stop a punt on the one. I saw mediocre return game, cant even remember the last time we ran back a kick or punt. I think webb had one this year.

Add it all up, no receiver help, running for his life all day, no run game to balance shit out. When you factor it all in and consider he had 2 tds and 0 ints thats great to me

Reasons for optimism.

1. NE D line is not gonna bitch our pissed off Oline, Flacco should stay clean

2. NE O line is not gonna bitch our pissed off Dline, Suggs should be fired up

3. We cant possible play worse.

• Upvote 1

Good post 52. I agree completely. I think people who say Flacco played like crap are being completely unfair given the circumstances of the game (bad oline, no separation from wideouts, drops, etc..).

After hearing the whole interview I am letting off the gas a little bit on my Reed-bashing. The things he said were definitely more innocent when you listen to the whole interview. Still - he should have know better, especially considering the mini fiasco before the season where espn made it seem like he was saying the Ravens wished they had Ryan as their head coach.

Yea...good points 52!

Speaking of Rex...

"It is as bad as I've ever been around, honestly. And I've been around some locker rooms and quarterback-receiver situations and what-not. But it was as bad as I've been around," Tomlinson said.

"You know it was at the point where I think the players could no longer do anything about it. There was nothing that the players could do. So when it gets to that point there are certain changes that need to happen. Can it be fixed ... ? I think absolutely it can be. But they're going to have to make some tough decisions."

Tomlinson said Ryan and general manager Mike Tannenbaum cultivated a brash culture that caught up with the team, which lost its final three games to finish 8-8 and out of the playoffs for the first time in Ryan's three seasons.

"The [Jets organization] created this. This is the type of football team that they wanted," Tomlinson said. "Mike Tannenbaum, Rex Ryan are both brash, in-your-face type of style, say whatever you want, just get it done on the field. And then it leads to other things, as guys are calling each other out and saying I'm not getting the ball or whatever it may be."

Asked if Sanchez was pampered, Tomlinson responded, "Yes he is, I would say a bit pampered because he has no competition. He has no real threat to say, 'This guy may take my job.' "

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ladainian-tomlinson-rips-new-york-jets-mark-sanchez-pampered-locker-room-turmoil-011812

Yep. Regadless of Sundays outcome, significant changes on the "O" are a coming. Book it.

This team cant run on 4th and 1, doesnt score TDs in the red zone, and the O line doesnt pass block.

Somethings gotta give.....after the season.

I agree here. I think Cam has to go regardless of how the season plays out. I was a fan when he was creative and doing different things. He's too predictable and settled now. I'd be a fan of bringing back Saunders or Zorn if we could get them. Flacco loved those guys and had his best season when they were around.

Maybe Ed was on to something

that post actually goes against what Ed was saying. Ed was saying how rattled joe was and how he held on to the ball to long. Well usually when the defense is blowing up the offensive line and your receivers arent open they cant beat one on one and theres no where to go with the ball you get sacked. Its not like watching Brady/Big Jen sit there and pat the ball five times while pump faking and looking left to right. Big Jen is king of hanging on the ball too long.

Yep. Regadless of Sundays outcome, significant changes on the "O" are a coming. Book it.

This team cant run on 4th and 1, doesnt score TDs in the red zone, and the O line doesnt pass block.

Somethings gotta give.....after the season.

The red zone and the inability to get 4th and 1 has been totally confusing all season. We can average 4 yards a run all day but we never get the 4th and inches. It makes no sense when leach is lead blocking. I understand its not like jamal lewis behind J.O. but come on. Seems like the only time we convert it is when we run play action off it. There was a million times this season when I was begging to run a FB fake, HB toss. Cam really needs to learn how create one on ones for rice. If I was cam cameron and I had ray rice I would go back watch every single game tape of marshall faulk 2000-2004. He did all his damage in the open field same as rice. If Rice was on a turf team like the old rams or colts with harrison/wayne he would have broke records.