ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Not happy with this win

cravnravn

Yeah, it was an ugly win, but I'll still take it. It's obvious that Flacco has very few targets downfield, Like I said in July, it's going to be until October 'til this offense gets into sinc. We need the D to step it up like they did today.

I'm fine with it. I can't tell you how many times I've walked out of that stadium after a low scoring Ravens win.

There were some bright points:

DownTown Marlon Brown.

Stokely stepped up.

Pierce....Ran hard.

Joe had a good day with little to work with.

Tandon Doss had a good day on Special Teams

Look out next week: Rice, Canty, Arthur Brown torn pec, a couple other guys won't be playing

The offense got better as the game went along. No complaints about the D. How many balls should have been caught but weren't in the first half? Is this the end of Ed Dickson? Why not play Bajema a little more---he's not that bad a pass catcher.

Bottom Line: This team is still far from being in sync. but it still has a lot of potential---barring injuries.

The D played well all things considered. No TD's for the Walmart Browns. Good pressure on WeeDone.

They might have Elam replace Huff. They need a tackler and enforcer. Elam get's to cut his teeth in as Ravens win...valuable snaps and experience.

Jimmy Smith played well. Webb had a solid game. The coverage was good.

Richardson 18 carries 58 yards.

Darryl Smith 1.5 sacks...5 sacks for the D.

Kruger was a no show. Oher had no trouble with him.

Quietly Torry Smith had 7 catches for 85 yards. He'll get his timing down with Joe. Most of the day he had their best CB on him with the safety shadowing over the top.

Darryl Smith 11 tackles...very good game.

Tucker?! He looked Tuckered out.

In all my glorious years as a fan I have never seen this before but I had my binoculars on it....the Ref used a piece of paper to run from the tip of the ball to the chain stick to figure out if the Browns got the 1st down on that 4th down play.

They were a boogie short. The paper fit between the ball and the stick.

some guys really need to learn to catch.

Dallas Clark makes a catch and gets hurts!

some guys really need to learn to catch.

Dallas Clark makes a catch and gets hurts!

Strange thing is, it was reported that Clark got the wind knocked out of him, but that was the last I seen of him.,

Well a little silver lining, Only 1 team stands out in the NFL, the Broncos

The Kapenick jock sniffers will now fall off after that performance last night.

Teams that start the season 0-2 do not make the playoffs, so either Cinncy or Pitt will be eliminated tonight

Well a little silver lining, Only 1 team stands out in the NFL, the Broncos

The Kapenick jock sniffers will now fall off after that performance last night.

Teams that start the season 0-2 do not make the playoffs, so either Cinncy or Pitt will be eliminated tonight

1234969_594315257281833_1563819856_n.png

I am happy with any win.

However, I am concerned that the Texans will kick our teams collective ass next week if they come out slow like they did this week. If Joe and Caldwell cannot get their acts together and early the game will be over before it starts much-like it was last year in Houston.

On the other hand I did like the way our big man Marlon Brown played and really liked what he attracted so far as coverage was concerned. It will be hard for defenses to double Torrey Smith and Marlon Brown and Brandon Stokeley finally showed up. That 3rd down conversion was underappreciated but was big and I expect to see more from him.

The front 7 is a work in progress but showed bursts of what I expect to see in late November and December whish is flooding the QB with pressure combined with a defensive backfield that gets its feet under it we will be tough to beat if we can stay healthy.

Here comes Houston!

:thumbup: