ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Seriously, is this a playoff team?

Tornado700

The Ravens are not a playoff caliber team. Not by a long shot.

I know what a playoff team look like....and does.

We are in week 10 and they are not even a .500 team.

They can't win on the road.

They can't beat playoff caliber teams.

Without an offensive line and running game you can't win in the NFL.

They commit too many penalties and turnovers.

They have the 29th ranked offense and 15th ranked defense in yards.

They have the 21st ranked offense and 8th ranked defense in points.

They are 2-2 in their division.

The only area they have going for them is that they are 3-1 at home.

Even if they win the division because the Bengals tank...they still are not a "playoff caliber" team.

It will take a miracle...which sometimes happens...so as a fan, I will show up each week rooting for them to pull it off. :gorave:

Max,

Spot on. There's nothing about this team or it's identity - not sure what it is - that gives you the feel of a playoff team, much less a winking team.

Not until they fix the OL, replace the running game, restore the receiving corps and fill a few holes on D. Until then, like yourself, I will sit back and watch the rebuilding /retooling program.

Shame on you all! Go to your room and no NFL football for you for the rest of the season!

If the season ended today.

The Jets, yes the Jets with a QB with the name Gino. Who are ranked where at passing?

While your looking, look at the team below the Ravens in passing. And if your going to point

out rushing to me, the Cowboys, yes they are at 5-5 but some of you here talk about how bad

the AFCN is.

Come on, the Jets?

After the Bears they have 3 home games in a row

Over their three-game losing skid during the last month, players talked about facing must-win games in each of the last two weeks. Team leader Terrell Suggsicon-article-link.gif said after the loss to Pittsburgh in Week 8 that the team was in a “state of emergency.” Head Coach John Harbaugh acknowledged that returning to the playoffs for a sixth-straight season “would be a challenge” given the Ravens’ 3-5 start to the season.

The Ravens were in an unfamiliar position, but the message in the midst of those struggles was that one victory could turn around the season. Sunday’s win over the AFC North leading Cincinnati Bengals may end up being that game.

“Oh yes, it can start something,” cornerback Lardarius Webbicon-article-link.gif said of the 20-17 overtime win. “But we can’t let this get over our heads, thinking we’re something that we’re not. We’ve just got to get back to that film and keep getting better, and better, and better,

because we’re a great ball club.”

That was from Webb. Really have to think about what he is saying?

Yea...he's saying what I'm saying.

I don't see how they can turn this around, but that won't stop me from being glued to my seat on Sunday waiting to see if that's the day. :gorave:

The D is playing better...so 1 cylinder is firing.

Tucker is our big, steady consistent scorer....that's 2.

No, I don't think so. The defense has been good and it is still giving up more average points per game than the offense is scoring.

The offense has scored 20 or less points 6 out of 9 games. That's terrible.

Is it possible they turn it around and make the playoffs? Of course and I hope they do, but they don't look like a playoff team now and I just don't expect them to this year.

I agree they aren't playing well but I look at who they have to play. It is not like they have world beaters the rest of the way.

11 Sun, Nov 17 1:00 PM CBS 864 available from $55 12 BYE WEEK 13 Sun, Dec 1 4:25 PM CBS 6,813 available from $33 14 Sun, Dec 8 1:00 PM CBS 5,463 available from $55 15 Sun, Dec 15 8:30 PM NBC 5,489 available from $42 16 Sun, Dec 22 1:00 PM FOX 7,136 available from $41 17 Sun, Dec 29 1:00 PM CBS 8,833 available from $41

So they have to go to SD, they have Indy and the Ravens. I can see those as L's. That puts them at 9-7 and the Ravens have the tie breaker. Someone has to win the Div. Hell who knows both teams could top at 7-9 and again someone has to go the the playoffs.

This team has had it's back to the wall the past two weeks and they came out with two meh performances. I'm not sure I want them in the playoffs. It would be a one and done waste of time. It's looking like 7-9 to me. If we beat Chicago this weekend I might get excited but I don't see it.

This team has had it's back to the wall the past two weeks and they came out with two meh performances. I'm not sure I want them in the playoffs. It would be a one and done waste of time. It's looking like 7-9 to me. If we beat Chicago this weekend I might get excited but I don't see it.

Disagree, anything can happen ONCE you get the invite to the playoffs..

And dont buy into KC's hype, they play the NFL's easiest schedule, and we all know what Pay-a-ton does in the playoffs.

Just get us to the playoff door, as we did last year, we entered the playoffs losing 4 out of the last 5

To use an old baseball bromide, can anyone around here play this game? Yes. The unbeaten Kansas City Chiefs and one-loss Denver Broncos stand out so far. Both will make the postseason, one as a division winner, the other as a wild card.

But the Ravens are still very much in the running for both a division title and the second AFC wild-card berth.

In the division, they’re just one loss behind the Bengals, who have a tendency to self-destruct, with the Browns also in play. To say the race is open is an understatement. It’s wide open.

As for the second wild-card spot, the Ravens are competing with a modest group including the New York Jets, San Diego Chargers, Tennessee Titans, and Browns; shoot, even the Miami Dolphins, engulfed in controversy, are in play. The Jets have a one-game lead over the Ravens right now but come to Baltimore on Nov. 24.

In that company, the Ravens can make serious gains if they take advantage of a home-dominated schedule and stack some wins together.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-Weird-Year-In-AFC-Has-Ravens-In-Playoff-Race/a7be3ebc-7856-4223-9f27-f0ba35f5d511

Edited by cravnravn

This game vs Chicago represents the ultimate "rite of passage " for the Ravens. Our team's performance (and the outcome) this Sunday on the road will tell all we want to know about this team's character, resolve and sense of urgency.

Here's a chance to right the ship against a beat up team with a backup QB and a devastated defense.

We will know Sunday around 4:30 PM.