ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Webb Out, C-Mac in?

cravnravn

Ravens rookie starting cornerback Lardarius Webb is out for the remainder of the season with a torn ACL, an injury he suffered in the third quarter of Sunday's game against Chicago.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome has not ruled out a possible return by former Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister.

When asked if the Ravens might try to re-sign McAlister, Newsome said: "We need a cornerback. Right now, we'll look at anybody that's available"

When asked if McAlister was on the list, Newsome said: "We need a cornerback. Right now, we'll look ay anybody that's available."

In Newsome-speak, that means the Ravens will have some talk with McAlister.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/12/webb_out_mcalister_in.html

Bring him back. Don't care if he drinks at halftime. I don't want Frank walker or Carr as our #2 (Carr has played better to be fair, but still).

I say sign Cmac and throw a designated driver into the deal. Anything is an improvement over our mighty mites - Carr, Walker and Foxworth.

Reed: get better and back into lineup.

Cmac looked great against the Pats.....which could be a future playoff oponent.

What other FA cb's are out there? I know Mike Mickens, a rookie out of UC, is on Cowboys PS. He was a solid corner in college and prolly would have been a 2-3rd pick, had he not blown out his knee sr yr. I wouldn't mind taking a look at him.

Justin Miller is out there. I don't know how good of a cb he is, but he would def help on KR and PR.

Can someone get an updated FA CB list?

Here's a nice list from The Sun. I would be surprised if we sign CMac. I think Harbargh still has issues with him, and he can't be playing that well if he's still unemployed after his stint with the Saints. That tells me that teams have seen what he has to offer at this point in his career and they weren't impressed.

The Sun is reporting that Corey Ivy is coming in for a physical. If he is half as good as he was during his stint with us he will be twice as terrible.

I should have seen this one comming. Is it really this bad?

Shit...I'd put Tyree out there...get creative.

The Browns cut him in camp and then Ivy lasted less than a week with the Steelers. They must be laughing their asses off.

Ivy, Ivy, sigh! Well as Cb it would be no help at all. I would take a long shoot with KJ Gerard over Ivy as CB.

As I see it Carr would be the CB and Walker and Gerard our backups. Hopefully Carr can step up.

And then Ivy (or Tom Z if reed plays) could be our nickelback. At least he has the experience and commitment in doing that together with our people. Ivy have had some good games against Ben.. especially in 2006, last year was not that bad either, as long as he is the nickelback or dime! At least he knows how to sack Ben, so maybe we should just ask the little man to rush Ben all day.. And btw I loved all of his 3 sacks, reminds me about an angry bird on Bens back, head and shoulder.

I like Ivy more than Walker and Carr, but I guess that is not saying much.

Me too. However time to find out if Carr can do the job, hopefully he is starting over Walker. Ivy has to be nickel, dime and ST only. And hopefully it ends here with injuries on CB.

The loss of Webb is crushing to the defense. The pickup of Ivy is just demoralizing to the unit. Release hardballs and resign Mccalister before its to late. I don't think the defense will show up this week the players know Ivy isn't a legite player and will probably play accordingly. If I'm wrong I'll be suprised. My prediction Ivy starting then playoff hopes are over.