ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens reach 4-year deal with Jacoby Jones

Money

:laugh:

The Ravens and Jones expressed interest in staying together throughout the free agency process. Jones called new Ravens Offensive Coordinator Gary Kubiak, who coached and mentored Jones in Houston, his “biological father."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Reach-Four-Year-Agreement-With-Jacoby-Jones/fdca05de-5379-4f06-a1ac-7a56e2dacad1

A decent deal for both sides.

Hopefully, they can keep some guy from running into his knee this year and JJ has more chances as a receiver.

Chain-mover still a big need. And FS, And Center. And RT unless they're happy with Wagner.

Have a feeling Daryl Smith will be staying.

• Upvote 1

“I never stretch,” Jones told the NFL Network.

Shuuut uuuup. You’re lyin’.

“I promise you, you can ask,” Jones said. “I hate stretching, it makes me mad. When we do group stretches in practice, I just sit there and look at them. I’m like, ‘Really? Ya’ll are going to stretch?’”

What makes you think you don’t need to stretch?

“I just always told them, you never see a dog stretch when he chases a car,” Jones explained with a smile. http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-130-Jacoby-Jones-Jokes-Gary-Kubiak-My-Biological-Father/d53d9613-462a-4db5-a0d9-eaf9fcf38ecd

:cop:

Financially it is a really good deal. I think he left money on the table. I think his value is higher around the league.

It's a fair deal but not great.

McCluster signed for 3 years, $ 12 mil and $ 4.5 mil guaranteed.

I don't think Jacoby wanted to leave Bmore. I seriously think that as long as the deal was near what he thought he could get that he didn't mind taking a little bit less to stay. Mccluster isn't better than Jacoby at all in my eyes but he got the same money for less yrs

I don't think Jacoby wanted to leave Bmore. I seriously think that as long as the deal was near what he thought he could get that he didn't mind taking a little bit less to stay. Mccluster isn't better than Jacoby at all in my eyes but he got the same money for less yrs

McCluster isn't 'better' but he is more versatile, which you do need to pay a premium for. It's more valuable to have a guy who can be your #3 RB, #4 WR, #1 Returner, than a guy who can only be your #3 WR and #1 Returner. I'm a fan of both players and the contracts both got were fair.