ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Who gets the blame?

cravnravn

Not the D that's for sure,

Kubiak and his loser fucking offence that's who, joe looks totally lost. I thought I heard Steve smith didn't drop a pass during camp? Wtf was that today,

I laughed when Heath shuler predicted we will win 5 games, he's onto something,

50% Flacco, 50% receivers. The drops were unacceptable, but so were about eight of Joe's decisions just off the top of my head. I said it in the gameday thread, but he played very Boller-esque all game long. He is obviously not comfortable enough in the offense and/or spent too much time filming commercials to study it well enough.

When your 7th year QB runs around for 8 seconds with 8 seconds left before halftime and the team in the redzone and a timeout in his pocket it might not be the OC's fault. Flacco sucked today. Smith SR sucked for 3 quarters. The other smith sucked. Jacoby sucked. The defense gets blame too. I actually liked what I saw out of Kubiak's playcalling for most of the day.

Kubiak and his loser fucking offence that's who, joe looks totally lost. I thought I heard Steve smith didn't drop a pass during camp? Wtf was that today,

Maybe had Joe been the leader they paid him to be and threw with his receivers to get a lot of chemistry things would have been different.

Huh? Not the D? They gave up the winning TD with 2 mins left. Green got behind everyone and side stepped tthe only guy left to stop him to get in.

They gave up 15 pts for a 15-0 lead. The score should have been 28-0 Cinci but the D held and granted the FGs but they were still moved on and gave up the final big play just like they did all last year and I called it before today's game.

One big interception given up by D.

No pass rush for most of the game just as in pre-season. Dalton had more time to throw than Joe and hit Green for winning TD. The pass rush is needed to protect the secondary especially this secondary with Webb missing.

9 dropped balls. Did anyone count or even notice the dropped balls. Maybe Joe just throws it too hard. I dunno but the receivers

sucked except for Steve Smith's bomb and a lot of people said he was too old when he signed. Receivers also didn't get separation

a lot and Joe had to move or get sacked.

Also bad coaching. Going for 2 pts and missing. Score would have been 23-17 with a TD for the win instead of forcing into OT.

Also HARBs just didn't have team ready as he should have. They were so flat in first half while Pete Caroll has his team in SB form already.

Tucker finally loses a game with blown FG. That's 5 pts we lost on special teams with the missed conversion try and

missed FG which Tuck usually hits. He made 2 70 yarders in camp this summer.

O-LINE again didn't open up holes early on for running game and Joe is blitzed and sacked once again, make that a lot at the end of the game. We heard all summer that Kubes will run and run to set up the play action. There was none of that today. Best play after the TDs were a draw play up the middle for good gain. Can't remember last time Ravens ran a draw play or one that succeeded. . They finally scored on ground llate in game as Forsett ran well and scored big TD.

Also Cinci blitzed just like I said they would but they ran a 4-man line a lot more often than I thought. They put the pressure on the line and blitzed like crazy the winning sacks on Joe on our last 2 plays of the game.

Whew - that's enough to blame right there and I'm just getting started.

The offense really sucked for the first half.

Joe in particular. On one pass play Joe had a ton of time and nobody was within 20 yards of Torry. Any kind of throw that gets within 10 yards of Torrey is a TD. Joe did not see him.

The drops and Joe and the inability to run the ball in the first half yieded punt, punt, punt, missed FG, Joe Flacco brain fart end of half.

Hey...O line gave Joe plenty of time.

All Joe needed to do was not think and get rid of the ball. He had men open...frequently.

He did that in the second half.

Now....Forsett and Aiken gave a clue to what this O can do. Sit Jacoby or platoon him....speed and knowing this offense kills. Ray Rice will do great in it too.

Bring on the Steelers....Ravens get their vfirst win.

Huh? Not the D? They gave up the winning TD with 2 mins left. Green got behind everyone and side stepped tthe only guy left to stop him to get in.

Really dude? If the o would have given the d one iota of support, there would if been a different outcome, our o stunk today starting with joe he had all the time in the world today and failed

But it didn't and Joe was sacked and rushed.

There was no pass rush to protect the secondary which is still giving up the big play. How many sacks were on

Dalton? With Brandon Williams taking up 2 or 3 blockers, the guys on both sides of him should have been

getting thru to the backfield often and repeatidly. They didn't.

Joe stunk out the joint in the first half. He looked really lost with the new offensive system. He was rushed a lot, true, but if had thought less and reacted more that wouldn't have mattered. That many drops kill too. I wasn't impressed with our D. NO pass rush just like last year. It's a bend not break defense and that means your defense is on the field a ton.

I agree that Harbaugh didn't have team ready. Hell, he didn't have the team ready last year either.

It looked like team-wide mediocrity. Offense, defense, and special teams.

Joe and the O got together in the second half but it wasn't enough.

And I'm now fed up with Dean Pees and his D's lack of aggression.

hd.jpg "What do you think Joe?"

BALTIMORE -- Observed and heard in the locker room after the Baltimore Ravens' 23-16 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals: •

Flacco
Quarterback Joe Flacco didn't try to put a positive spin on the team's near comeback against the Bengals. "We just played about as bad as you can in terms of just simple fundamental things -- throwing, running routes, staying up, just running the ball, couple mental busts," Flacco said about the offense that managed 97 yards and no points in the first half. Flacco also kicked himself for running out of time in the first half, which didn't give the Ravens a chance at a field goal. "That was probably the stupidest play I've ever made in football," he said. http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/12972/flacco-is-brutally-honest-on-offenses-woes

But it didn't and Joe was sacked and rushed.

There was no pass rush to protect the secondary which is still giving up the big play. How many sacks were on

Dalton? With Brandon Williams taking up 2 or 3 blockers, the guys on both sides of him should have been

getting thru to the backfield often and repeatidly. They didn't.

Exactly...no pressure on Dalton....but Brown was clearly beat on that final TD. Why he didn't have help over the top is beyond me. Then Stewert shows up late and blows the tackle.

When your 7th year QB runs around for 8 seconds with 8 seconds left before halftime and the team in the redzone and a timeout in his pocket it might not be the OC's fault. Flacco sucked today. Smith SR sucked for 3 quarters. The other smith sucked. Jacoby sucked. The defense gets blame too. I actually liked what I saw out of Kubiak's playcalling for most of the day.

BINGO!! When you're a 7 year 120.6 million dollar QB, you should know what a safety blitz is, know to get rid of the ball, and know that a sack is negative yardage. If you don't know this by now, you should be bagging groceries instead of playing professional football. This loss is on Joe Flacco much like most of last season was on Joe Flacco.

• Upvote 1

Exactly...no pressure on Dalton....but Brown was clearly beat on that final TD. Why he didn't have help over the top is beyond me. Then Stewert shows up late and blows the tackle.

Two f**ing mins. The D couldnt protect the lead for 2 f**kiing mins.

Then again, the D was sliced and diced like crap in the entire first half too so why should

I expect more.

82 is right - it's on both sides of the ball. It's a team effort in the loss.

I' just be lazy and copy & paste from the game thread. FYI, Joe, on 62 passes, completed 56% of his passes with one pick. Brady, 51%, again, going back to last year with poor, inexperienced receives.... The Ravens net gain on punt returns 2 yards.... I can't get the play book, my adobe is messed up, so I can't see the stats for average field position per half..

Joe did not play his bst game, but to place all the blame on him is not right. There were blunders from every aspect of the team, this was a perfect example of a team loss.

From special teams blunders that include a recovered fumble, but cost the team field position, poor blocking on special teams that lead to no returns of worth, save for one long one. The offense, in the first half, routinely started inside their own 20, twice inside their own 10 I believe.

We've talked about the receivers so we can leave that there, except of course for the Jones drop that would have changed the game entirely in the first half. Runningbacks, mostly Pierce, not running properly, there were holes and his fumble did not help at all.....

The offensive line did a fine job today, better in the 2nd half than the first, but they too missed several blitzes/stunts that lead to issues and clogged lanes in the first half. A caveat for them, having 62 pass plays called did not make their job easy.

Even Tucker missed a field goal, long yes, but well with in his range, espcially this time of year. Koch had a few punts not go very far, Net punting average, 31 yards.

The defense, where shall we start? With I think a record for most missed tackles, how many 3rd down conversions did they allow? Screens did they fall for, that resulted in big gains? Very little pressure on Dalton, shall we talk about the secondary? Jimmy Smith played the best game of his career, it helped Dalton did not throw his way very much. The linebackers were making tackles 8 yards down field... Other than that, the defensive line did play well in spurts, Dino Nuggets really played well (Tyson).... 0 sacks, 5.9 average offensive play

Coaching, the play calling was terrible both on offense & defense. This game was "close" only because the Bengals played a form of prevent the entire second half, making the Ravens drive the field with short passes. Fortunate that there was a break down on the Flacco scramble, throw to Smith Sr.

So as you can see, if you chose, yes, Joe could have played better, but when you have to continue to throw into tight windows, when receivers are not running proper routes, when they are dropping passes ( the average last year in the NFL per game was 1.97%.) it causes quarterbacks to press too hard, to not trust a receiver, to lose focuss. Joe has done quite a few 2:00 minute drills, and been very, very succesful, what happened at the half was an abirition, not the norm.

50% Flacco, 50% receivers. The drops were unacceptable, but so were about eight of Joe's decisions just off the top of my head. I said it in the gameday thread, but he played very Boller-esque all game long. He is obviously not comfortable enough in the offense and/or spent too much time filming commercials to study it well enough.

Funny. The guy in front of me saying the at different points of the game, that is kyle boller play. :D

Isn't that bad, suck at times yes.

Joe made some of dumbest things I have seen since he has been here, as someone pointed out a vet at this point should not be making these dumb mistakes, mistake that can be fixed.

How may drops did JJ have today? I lost count.

I like what I seen in Aiken, may go out and get the double 1 jersey tomorrow.

They need to get Justin Forsett into the game more, please let him return punts.

Isn't that bad, suck at times yes.

Joe made some of dumbest things I have seen since he has been here, as someone pointed out a vet at this point should not be making these dumb mistakes, mistake that can be fixed.

How may drops did JJ have today? I lost count.

I like what I seen in Aiken, may go out and get the double 1 jersey tomorrow.

They need to get Justin Forsett into the game more, please let him return punts.

9 drops.

I could rave and rant about how somebody lied to me about how good this team is, but, I won't. Why? Way too early. Let;s face it, we sucked today. Complete lack luster performance. We had a bad game. But we have 15 more starting Thursday night on national TV against our biggest rival. Something tells me that we erase all memory of today's game come Friday morning. If we stink up the Bank on Thursday, then I'll acknowledge that I was lied to. Let's wait and see. It'as a long season fella's.

I'm not convinced Flacco has what I call touch or finesse to take a little off of a throw and at the same time maintain accuracy. Some of his passes have such velocity, receivers that are reaching out with their hands only have little chance of snaring his bullets.Jacoby Jones had a bad day today on offense and special teams.He had one respectable return. He's wasn't getting to the 20 yard line on his returns today. The punter and kicker were punting to the left side of the end zone I guess by design. The offensive line looked good up till the third quarter. Our defense was on the field to long in the first half. Kochs not punting well either no surprise there. I'm still not impressed with Pees defense yet. I guess Dumervil is on the team I mean he attends the games. Suggs was out of the defense on plays also I guess getting a breather. Ngata looks fatter then usual. Webbs hurt as usual hes fragile now it seems. I don't get a check in the mail win or lose but they do and therein lies the krutz of the problem. No monetary adjustments for playing performance. Therefore just don't get hurt thats the trick for a great career.