ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

WR status

varaven45

I have always like Givens as a talent. Great rookie year but not much since. Granted the Rams have had major QB woes, but I am skeptical how fast Givens can learn the playbook to realistically contribute. Granted, he is probably better out there not knowing the plays than the current group we have who do know the plays.

• Upvote 1

Just saw an update to SSS report. He does not have fractured bones. He is listed as week to week. My guess is he is out for three weeks. Campanero out for the season.

Never have I seen a season like this. This what I get for picking them as superbowl champs.

Just like last year, only the DB's were dropping like flies.

If the Ravens had a good defense they could go Darkside. Pound the ball and make 2-3 big plays a game.

But they don't have a D that forces 3 and outs so they can win the field position battle.

S**t, just when Campy was really showcasing his talent. It's a shame. He'll probably never work out here as more than a game or two production.

Givens move can't hurt. He can fly. Don't know if he can catch but at least he opens up the field.

We need SSS back and that's going to be hard to do by Sunday.

We might need to trade for another receiver.

This year, like last year, a series of injuries has decimated a whole part of the team.

We need another wr in here, next up is Cleveland, they are no slouch on defense, if SSS thinks those ribs are healing in a week, he's mistaken, and you know those dbs will be taken shots at his ribs

pshht, broken ribs, palease, he can play with a vest on; taint no big deal to play with broken ribs.....

They didn't tell the truth about Perimans injury for 2 months. What are the odds of hearing it on Smith?

He might have played his last game.

He was speared center mass on the back, not sure how the back ribs would break and not the transverse process; which is the most common back injury break. But then, we are all different and he was turning when hit....

Your a fn loon, I had a cracked rib from a lacrosse shot, that shit hurt, I missed 2 games

I cracked two ribs in the first half of a game, never missed a snap in that game nor the remainder of the season, another 6 games.... you Floridians, so whimpy, whimpy, whimpy....

Wes Welker is interviewing with the Giants today, he would be a nice addition for a few games.............

Green Bay proved last night you don't need a deep threat to have success, Rogers passes were 90% five yards or less, catch & run.

The Ravens have tried to help the line out and even the wide outs out by Joe taking five step drops for a normal three step route. The extra steps give the receivers that extra second or two to get off the line and complete their routes before the line fails and Joe gets nailed.

This offense just needs some one to get open sooner, some one other than Steve Smith. Why they keep going away from the tight ends puzzles me. Why they run simple routes, easy to decipher puzzles me. Shoot, Green Bay ran the same play at the goal line 3 times in a rwo and all ended up with a touchdown. Why? Because of quickness & play design.

The Ravens have no plays designed to get a match up or to get some one open; very few clear out routes, too many times having two receivers with in five yards of each other and usually when there is a short pass designed for catch & run. So either the receiver is running the wrong route ona particular play or the play design stinks.... Likely a combination of the two.

I keep hearing how Tressman is a great OC, great offensive mind, yet the route combinations do not back up those words.

Last year his Bears scored more points than any team in NFL and his receivers

this year are like shit compared to those except for SR who is now injured as is

Campy and Perrimen.

Aiken hasn't shown much this year. I think he's having difficulty getting open. We still need another WR and I'd gladly give up a high round draft choice if we can come up with guy who's a B grade or better receiver. We certainly can't seem to have any luck with drafting WR's but trading for these guys around 29-30 we do have some luck doing.

I said it when it happened and I'll say it one last time: giving Boldin away was a huge mistake. Still pisses me off. Probably Oz's greatest career blunder.

The Vikes have pretty much benched the wide out we know so well from that game he had against the Ravens, in the snow, one of the most exciting games of all time; Cordell Patterson.

Great return man, speed, upon speed, could be had for a 5th maybe a conditional 6th..... Doesn't run routes too well, but his quickness and speed.... wow...

The Vikes have pretty much benched the wide out we know so well from that game he had against the Ravens, in the snow, one of the most exciting games of all time; Cordell Patterson.

Great return man, speed, upon speed, could be had for a 5th maybe a conditional 6th..... Doesn't run routes too well, but his quickness and speed.... wow...

As long as he can get separation I could care less about his route running. A 5th would be worth it if he can get open on short, medium, and deep patterns. How are his hands?