ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Patriots

vmax

I watched them yesterday.

If the Browns don't make all those penalties and turnovers, then they would have won the game.

The Browns gave them the game.

I hope the Ravens are dialed in on this.

While they may look that way based on stats, neither of the other greatest defenses, Ravens, Bears, Steelers, had quarterbacks throwing passes right to them.

Granted, Eddie George did hand the ball off to Ray Lewis... But nobody, nobody will ever give up less pts, 65, INCLUDING the playoffs, than the Ravens defense.... None not even this fake great defense called the Pats.

I hope Roman does not come out and try to show off the passing attack. We know Billy B will put 8 in the box, rush all 8 and dare Lamar to beat them. But their defense is smaller, not as strong, go to two tight end sets and run the piss & vinegar out of them, even if it is 3 plays & out, that is still over 160 seconds off the clock, but wearing them down.

Run up the gut, run wide, make them run sideline to sideline. Then come back with the ball control passes to the tight ends, and a wheel route to Brown out of the back field...

2a. Keepin' it 100: The league's only 8-0 club, the Patriots boast a +189 point differential, tied for third highest through eight games in the NFL's 100 seasons. Only the 1920 Buffalo All-Americans (+215) and the 2007 Pats (+204), the only squad to complete a 16-0 regular season, had more dominant starts.

2c. Need a clue as to why the Patriots perhaps didn't pursue a quarterback in the "loaded" 2018 draft to groom behind Tom Brady? New England has put the screws to 2018 first-rounders Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen and Josh Rosen this season. None tasted victory, of course, but it's their collective numbers against the Patriots that are jaw-dropping: 51-for-109 passing (46.8%), 530 yards, 1 TD, 9 INTs, 30.0 passer rating. (For context, an incomplete pass renders a 39.6 rating.)

2d. Next up? The fifth and final Round 1 QB of 2018, Baltimore's Lamar Jackson, whose Ravens will host the Patriots next Sunday night. :scared:

81s9KOwa2PL._SL1500_.jpg

the Ravens are getting them in Baltimore this time, a bit of a rarity – seven of the past nine games between the teams, including regular-season and postseason contests, have been played in New England going back to 2010. ....https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/eisenberg-a-showcase-game-for-baltimore

I'm getting more excited every day about Sunday nights upcoming game. The stadium will be electric.

This is a benchmark test for this Ravens team. I still think they are a year away from being able to win a match up like this....but you don't know. 👻

Never count the Ravens out. :gorave:

On 10/28/2019 at 5:16 PM, tsylvester said:

While they may look that way based on stats, neither of the other greatest defenses, Ravens, Bears, Steelers, had quarterbacks throwing passes right to them.

Granted, Eddie George did hand the ball off to Ray Lewis... But nobody, nobody will ever give up less pts, 65, INCLUDING the playoffs, than the Ravens defense.... None not even this fake great defense called the Pats.

I hope Roman does not come out and try to show off the passing attack. We know Billy B will put 8 in the box, rush all 8 and dare Lamar to beat them. But their defense is smaller, not as strong, go to two tight end sets and run the piss & vinegar out of them, even if it is 3 plays & out, that is still over 160 seconds off the clock, but wearing them down.

Run up the gut, run wide, make them run sideline to sideline. Then come back with the ball control passes to the tight ends, and a wheel route to Brown out of the back field...

Yes, what we should have done to the chargers in the playoffs. 

Yes! Run, Run, Run....

In Week 8, the Browns decided they were going to run the ball down New England's throat, and their plan actually worked as Cleveland rushed for 159 yards on 22 carries, which is an insane average of 7.2 yards per carry. If the Browns weren't the Browns, they could have put themselves in a position to pull off the upset, but of course, they are the Browns, which is why they didn't win. ....Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is that if you can run on the Patriots, you can beat the Patriots. In their past four road games where they've given up at least 150 yards rushing, the Patriots have gone 0-4, and all four of those games came last season. You can bet John Harbaugh knows this and you can bet Harbaugh plans to run the ball 90 times on Sunday......https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-9-picks-ravens-stun-patriots-on-sunday-night-winless-dolphins-pull-off-shocker/

You bet Harbs knows but the mad scientist (Bellichick) has probably been up 24/7 scheming up his D to shut down our running the ball 90 times, 100 times, whatever.    I think Bellichick and Harbaugh absolutely live and thrive in these moments.     It should be interesting; Bellichick/Brady vs. Harbs/Jackson.     

It's no secret that part of Bellicheat's game plan against any opponent is to take away their best weapon.

In this case that means Lamar and his TE's.

If Lamar can't run and if he doesn't have his favorite targets to bail him out....game over.

my gut feeling is that he will go all out to make Lamar beat them with his arm.

He can't do that if the Ravens can run.

belichick-sidious.png

Since 2001, two quarterbacks have rushed for more than 65 yards against a Bill Belichick defense. Jackson could have the edge. According to ESPN pass coverage metrics, New England plays man coverage at the highest rate in the NFL (70%) -- it's a defense that allows an NFL-low 3.7 yards per dropback. Jackson is averaging 13.2 yards per scramble against man defense and 7.8 against zone. The Patriots have also allowed the second-most yards per rush on scrambles in the past 10 years.

Instead of 1 spy, I think Bill has 3 spies on Lamar.

jacmvptf0ee01.jpg

• Like 1

Just throw Tom from the train!

Take away his quick release valve. In every game, Mister Pur-fect has thrown one to the other team, catch it. He can't run, so just push the pocket up the middle, let the ends collapse onto him.

It sounds simple, because it is; trust your homework buddy!

5 hours ago, oldno82 said:

I've never seen a talent like Lamar before in football. The kid is only in his second year! Wow! Just, Wow!

Neither have I.

The Ravens 2000 D was incredible and I knew I was watching greatness and history as that season progressed.

We are watching greatness and something special once again.

Pay attention.

Well, well, well..... I have yet to watch the game, just the high lights on Espn.... But 37 mins in time of possession! Whoop, whoop! That is how you play like a Raven.

Oldno, we have seen Lamar many times in the past, Randal Cunningham, Steve Young, Warren Moon, Mike Vick, I could go on. However, all of them were forced into being pocket passers, into the NFL system. No one tried to take their college games and mesh them with the NFL game.

Vick did this the closest, but the Falcons never tried to incorporate the plays from college; Vick ran to save his life.

Now, Lamar has to and his receivers too, develope a true passing game, but based on his stats last night, it was spot on against the fake greatest defense, ever... Not even in the league, did anyone notice what SD did to Rogers? Wow...

Real nice win.  The D did a very nice job.  It is interesting how the ball was coming out but it was down by contact.  Then the fumbles started.  Both coaching staffs have to get that cleaned up.  

That play were Jackson was running to the sideline and Roberts was wide open.  Why on earth did he not start coming back and going in the same direction to give Lamar a target?  That is not brain surgery.  The OL I think played their best game of the season.  Give Zues Jr credit for dragging lamar across the line.  I am curious what this OL will look like in a yr.  I think Powers will be starting then.  I think Bozeman will be starting at center and Powers will be on the RG.