ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Should the Ravens make this signing

papasmurfbell

I'll add, while "retard" is in many people's cultural vocabulary, using it as an insult should be worked out of their vocabulary just like many other words.

To wit, this speaks even louder on just say no; 

But Jenkins remained, despite being suspended during the 2017 season for knowingly failing to return from the bye week on time. He criticized the pass rush earlier this season -- noting he can't cover for eight seconds -- and was critical of defensive coordinator James Bettcher in recent weeks for not using him to shadow other teams' No. 1 receivers. The Giants (2-11) still raved about Jenkins, even mentioning him as a team leader for the younger group of cornerbacks.

I'm sure Suggs has nothing left in the tank and I'm very worried about anything upsetting this teams chemistry. This team has new leadership on the defense and they are a tight brotherhood.

Let me play devil's advocate.

1. Judon spoke openly about welcoming him back. Suggs has bonds with these guys too. And he can still rally the team in the lions den....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDUWsHS8rga3dqGWRlaM_

2. The Ravens are still having problems setting the edge. Suggs can do at least that. This time off and a bye in the playoffs may help him physically. Use him situationally.. Limited snaps. It might be all they need.

3. Depth. What happens if Judon, Bowser or Ferguson get hurt?

4. He helped lead the team to 1 Super Bowl. He knows the focus and intensity needed to get there and win it.

While the Ravens are haing issues on setting the edge and while Suggs is a great locker room guys/ leader, he would play, what 10 snaps a game? He might help in theory....

With all of the hard work this team has put in this year, guys working hare, getting few stats but still making a difference and younger...

Will there really be a difference made by Suggs that helps the team when one of those younger guys making a small difference is cut in favor of an old, fan fav player who can't make any more than a small difference?

This.

There was a lot made of Lewis’ “last ride,” but this would not be that. It would simply be a guy realizing he walked away from the Ravens at just the wrong time and wants to come back and bathe in their glory.

Can’t blame him for that, and don’t get me wrong. Suggs is a legend who deserves to be revered and warrants the undying love of the Ravens fan base.

He will always be a huge part of the success the team has enjoyed throughout this century. It’s just not the time to tell everyone that there’s an old sheriff in town.

The Ravens should bring Suggs back, but only to induct him into the team’s Ring of Honor and to celebrate his inevitable induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.,

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/analysis/schmuck/bs-sp-bringing-back-suggs-is-a-bad-idea-20191216-6vfnb66o6nh33h5ujqne7nl65i-story.html

Suggs could help fill the void; however, league sources had told Schefter that Suggs would strongly consider not reporting to the claiming team if it was anyone other than the Baltimore Ravens. Sources told Anderson that Baltimore did not put a claim in on Suggs, believing it "wouldn't make sense," given the team is last in the waiver wire order.

Suggs, 37, played 16 seasons in Baltimore and made seven Pro Bowls.

He is owed just over $350,000 for the final two weeks of the regular season. But sources indicated that Suggs doesn't care about that money and just wants to return to Baltimore.....https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28314108/sources-chiefs-claim-terrell-suggs-losing-alex-okafor

The next move is Sizzles.