ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Texans

vmax

Quick Thoughts:

The 3-2 Texans will come in desperate for a win after losing in Oakland.

This year is their best chance at the playoffs with Manning out of their hair. They know it. The schedule lines up for them. They will not quit.

They beat the Steelers...almost beat the Ravens last year until Josh Wilson saved the day in overtime. The Ravens blew a 28-13 lead at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Then again...Pagano is the DC now.

OK...Williams and Johnson are out.

Stop Foster (he's most of their offense) and the Ravens should be ok.

Losing Mario Williams is huge. Not having Andre Johnson is bigger. The Texans have a very good Oline and we do not need a repeat of the Titans game with Johnson playing the role of Kenny Britt - man amongst the boys of the Ravens secondary. Now the Ravens can key on Foster and their tight end Wilson. Even with a hungry Texans team, I like our chances at home and with those two guys not playing.

This game is very big for the Ravens if they want to stay one up on the Steelers. After beating Tennesee the Steelers are 1+ in the common opponents category. Beat houston and we even the score. Also, keep in mind the Steelers play a weak KC team while we drew San Deigo. That scenario can go badly for us. We need this win.

I watched a bit of the Texans game and their RG was playing hurt and getting destroyed near the end of the game. Ngata is going to eat him for breakfast. The only matchup problem we had with the Texans is gone in the form of Andre Johnson. If we don't win this game at home, after a bye, against a wounded opponent then we don't deserve to win the division.

As Max said, the Texans are desperate and need the win. Its the NFL and its on any given Sunday.

I see a very, very tough ball game. Statistically, we are very close : Houston is 8th in Total Offense, 7th in Defense. We are 14th in Offense, 3rd in Defense.

Take away Andre Johnson and Mario Williams, and its still a close game. Teams w/ missing and dinged up stars tend to overachive - see Steelers beatdown of Titans.

Offensively, Houston (Schaub) has some serious talent around him, even without AJ. Our D must keep Schaub and Foster in check right from the get go.

Once those guys get going, they are a very dangerous team.

Defensively, sans Mario, they have a very good defensive team.

I expect a very close game withe 3-5 pt margin of victory.

Houston has lost too many key players. Their best wideout (also their best mismatch), their best pass rusher, and as noted their O-Line is banged up. That's not good medicine when the Ravens are your opponent! This team is going to get wiped up Sunday. They're going to ask.....What just hit me?!?!?! We have 2 maybe 3 tough games left on our schedule, this isn't one of them :).

If the Ravens get to Schaub like they did with Sanchez and Ben, I don't see the Texans putting up more than 10-14 points. However, if Schaub can beat our blitzes and play smart football like Hasselbeck did against us it could be an interesting game. I am inclined to believe the former, at home coming off a bye I would take us against anyone in the NFL. I think we will get to Schaub, Ray Rice will have another good game on the ground and receiving as t\he Ravens win by a decent margin.

This game is going to be cake. Without Williams to have to double-team, their pass-rush doesn't exist. Without Johnson to have to double-team, their passing game is shit and we can load the box. We got lucky as hell to come into this game with both of their best players (2 All-Pro's) missing, and should absolutely destroy Houston as a result.

Losing Mario Williams is huge. Not having Andre Johnson is bigger. The Texans have a very good Oline and we do not need a repeat of the Titans game with Johnson playing the role of Kenny Britt - man amongst the boys of the Ravens secondary. Now the Ravens can key on Foster and their tight end Wilson. Even with a hungry Texans team, I like our chances at home and with those two guys not playing.

This game is very big for the Ravens if they want to stay one up on the Steelers. After beating Tennesee the Steelers are 1+ in the common opponents category. Beat houston and we even the score. Also, keep in mind the Steelers play a weak KC team while we drew San Deigo. That scenario can go badly for us. We need this win.

Good take on the game and I find myself agreeing with you.

38-9 Ravens, they aint got a snowballs chance in hell in stopping Bazooka Joe & Rice, and you dont think the D is pissed that the last time they gave up a 100 yard rusher was last December to Foster, hes about to be on MTV's Punked..

This is a freekin *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy *** if Ive never handicapped a *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy ***, and Im being generous putting the Texans within 29 points of the Ravens.

cs_303_sm.jpg"More pressure...

If the Ravens can take care of the Texans, they would be 4-1 heading into games at Jacksonville and at home against Arizona before traveling to Pittsburgh for a game Nov. 6.

With a win Sunday, the Ravens would be expected to take a 6-1 record into Pittsburgh, where they would be able to get a stranglehold on the AFC North lead with a win. So even though Sunday is one game for the Ravens, it could position them to have the type of regular season they want.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/10spot-11week6/nfl-five-sensible-trades-probably-made

just think...6-1 going into Pittsburgh....

Guest BallTMore

With their injuries and being away from home, I'm hoping the Texans come out conservative and try to keep it close until the end. If this happens I expect us to win by a comfortable margin. Our defense will pound the hell out of them if they try to dink and dunk.

If they come out guns blazing I expect a nail biter until the end. I have a feeling this will be the game-plan to start. Hopefully we can get to Schaub or create a few turnovers that's puts them back in a shell.

Ravens 24

Texans 20

Until I see more from the offense, the only way the Ravens win is if the D plays like they do for 60 minutes...they were whooped and gasping for air the whole 2nd half last year.