ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

A Toast to a Colts/Ravens Fan

cravnravn

You took me to my first Colts game in 68 and I was hooked, had my own season ticket in 69, We missed only 2 games from 1969- that dreaded season in 1983.

You taught me have to save at a very early age. We grew together, played the stock market together. You took me to see my first pair of puppies at Bobby T's on Belair Rd. Remember the MNF game like it was yesterday, the day John Lennon was killed, and they interrupted the game, and some guy tossed a bottle thru the projection screen.

Pit Beef at Dannys every weekend. Remember the woman that was spraying bees with pepper spray while we sat down wind? LOL

Holloween Night Bon-Fire at Mt Vista Farm, now that was a good time even though I rolled a "Fall Guy" monster truck on the farm.

Fishing at the Gunpowder at Harford Rd, that was fun.

Trips to Cloverland Dairy for Ice Cream, then to Loch Raven to feed the fish at the big dam.

Twin Kiss on Reisterstown Rd, to get some home-made root beer

Moose Lodge, couldnt wait til I turned 18 to get in with you and Unk.

Traveling to NW PA to reunite with our Steeler Fans relatives.

The Tall Ships in 1976..Harborplace.

Then you got transferred to first Greensboro, then Atlanta then AT&T settled you in Orlando. Thank God for cheap long distance calling. What did w talk everyday for 20+ years, and on the weekend probably two times.

Even when you were sick, you still found it in you to call me..You were a fighter pal, they gave you 3 months you turned it into 2 1/2 years.

Today you could fight no more, but it is OK Dad, we'll be fine, Your Kids, Grand Kids and Great-Grand Son will never forget you..You taught us well.

So while you and Johnny are watching us kick the Steelers butts this weekend, buy our old pal Sock a beer and cheer us on together.

R.I.P Dad

Crav,

My condolences over your loss. I lost my Dad earlier this year. My they rest in peace !

Its interesting, my Dad also took me to my fist Colts game in 1968, too. It was the playoff game vs the Vikings (the Joe Kapp days). He also took me to the Golden Arm and had Johhnny U sign my first football. What memories !

Maybe the football Gods and our Dads will smile on us and our team this Sunday !

Sincerely

VARAVEN

You took me to my first Colts game in 68 and I was hooked, had my own season ticket in 69, We missed only 2 games from 1969- that dreaded season in 1983.

You taught me have to save at a very early age. We grew together, played the stock market together. You took me to see my first pair of puppies at Bobby T's on Belair Rd. Remember the MNF game like it was yesterday, the day John Lennon was killed, and they interrupted the game, and some guy tossed a bottle thru the projection screen.

Pit Beef at Dannys every weekend. Remember the woman that was spraying bees with pepper spray while we sat down wind? LOL

Holloween Night Bon-Fire at Mt Vista Farm, now that was a good time even though I rolled a "Fall Guy" monster truck on the farm.

Fishing at the Gunpowder at Harford Rd, that was fun.

Trips to Cloverland Dairy for Ice Cream, then to Loch Raven to feed the fish at the big dam.

Twin Kiss on Reisterstown Rd, to get some home-made root beer

Moose Lodge, couldnt wait til I turned 18 to get in with you and Unk.

Traveling to NW PA to reunite with our Steeler Fans relatives.

The Tall Ships in 1976..Harborplace.

Then you got transferred to first Greensboro, then Atlanta then AT&T settled you in Orlando. Thank God for cheap long distance calling. What did w talk everyday for 20+ years, and on the weekend probably two times.

Even when you were sick, you still found it in you to call me..You were a fighter pal, they gave you 3 months you turned it into 2 1/2 years.

Today you could fight no more, but it is OK Dad, we'll be fine, Your Kids, Grand Kids and Great-Grand Son will never forget you..You taught us well.

So while you and Johnny are watching us kick the Steelers butts this weekend, buy our old pal Sock a beer and cheer us on together.

R.I.P Dad

Good post. I feel for your loss.

Very heartfelt post, crav. I am very sorry for your loss and I will pray for your family. It sounds like you and your dad had a great relationship, the type of relationship I can only hope to have with my kids some day. This team has so much to play for this weekend. I hope they win this one for OJ, you, your dad, and all the crazy Ravens fans!

Sorry about your loss, I am glad you had such a good relationship with him. It sounds like he lived his life with fatherhood as a top priority. I would like to think he is being rewarded right now by watching a healthy 20 year old Unitis move down the field. God Bless to you and your family.