ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How Is Joe Flacco Playing?

cravnravn

Joe is a good if not a very good QB. No more, no less. I don't know what an elite QB is. Neither does anyone else and no one can define it.

Wha... ? Don't know what an Elite QB is? Think Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and even Worthlesberger. What can these guys do that separates them from the rest of Pack. This ain't rocket science y'know.

Wha... ? Don't know what an Elite QB is? Think Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and even Worthlesberger. What can these guys do that separates them from the rest of Pack. This ain't rocket science y'know.

Ooh Ooh, I know. Win Superbowls! But not Joe. Not in a million, trillion years!

Ehhhh who cares if Joe is elite or not, all he does is win, and if the front office wants to pay the man an elite players contract, then who are we to bitch about it. They obviously see something in Joe that you or your boy Gerinimo dont

If Elite is putting up god like fantasy numbers then Joe is not elite. If Elite is getting your team to the playoffs every year and then blowing it almost every time then Joe is not Elite.

If Elite is setting records in your first 5 years in the league and winning a superbowl while having the best ever (joint) playoff run for a QB ending with a Superbowl MVP, then Joe is not el......wait then Joe is elite.

Like someone said earlier, no one has clearly defined elite. Manning, please.....his fantasy numbers are great but he chokes in the playoffs and his apprentice over there in Atlanta melts like an ice cream in a warm Georgia afternoon come playoff time.

The only QB playing today that can be defined as elite is Brady (fantasy stats, bucket loads of wins, Superbowl wins) and even then what has he done since the Patriots were caught cheating.......that's right a big fat goose egg of Superbowls while getting out dueled by Joe in the playoffs every time.

I will say it again....QBs are only as elite as their weapons and/or offensive line allows them to be.

• Upvote 1

Well said RavenMad. That was my comment on the lack of definition for "elite".

Regardless, Joe is a good QB trying to lead a dysfunctional offense - comprised of a god awful OL, average to below WR corps, no formidable, healthy TE, and an ineffective running game.

Like a professional, Joe is playing through it, working out the issues, and having flashes of brilliance while also having horrific performances as well. He cant make chicken salad from chicken _____.

Joe and his performance will improve as his supporting cast and system improves. Right now, he doesn't have the ability or wherewithal to elevate a mediocre supporting cast.

Maybe he will in the future but not now. Not this year. Maybe never.

But in the end, Joe is Joe is Joe.

:gorave: .

That can't be the criteria Crav. Were that the case, Trent Dilfer would have been considered an Elite NFL QB. Again, is Joe Flacco an Elite NFL QB?

Then I would say Yes he is an elite QB..Only QB to win a playoff game his first 5 years in the league, youngest QB to 40 wins, youngest QB to 50 wins..

That can't be the criteria Crav. Were that the case, Trent Dilfer would have been considered an Elite NFL QB. Again, is Joe Flacco an Elite NFL QB?

Then I would say Yes he is an elite QB..Only QB to win a playoff game his first 5 years in the league, youngest QB to 40 wins, youngest QB to 50 wins..

Joepointing_zpsfb0696c8.jpg

Here's goody from the old board days......

There is no difference between Flacco and Eli Manning. Call them whatever you want...when you have a franchise QB like them, you don't let them go. You are correct...this ain't rocket science.

Did you only join this board to argue about Flacco, or would you like to chime in on the actual problems this team has???

• Upvote 1

Gee. weren't all the pundits saying Andy Dalton was elite 3 weeks ago??? Or was it 2 weeks ago?

Eli Manning used to be elite and now he's not???

Jay Cutler used to be considered a bum but now he's 'quasi-elite'?

Confusing ain't it?

Edited by oldno82
  • Upvote 1

There is no difference between Flacco and Eli Manning. Call them whatever you want...when you have a franchise QB like them, you don't let them go. You are correct...this ain't rocket science.

Did you only join this board to argue about Flacco, or would you like to chime in on the actual problems this team has???

Eli Manning? Who mentioned Eli Manning? Try again.

Only a groupie would say that. You love Flacco more than you like the Ravens Organization. You're actually in love with the idea that your hero Joe Flacco, an above average QB, managed to hold up the Ravens organization for a 120.6 million dollar Elite QB contract. Your love of Flacco surpasses even your BollerLuv of a few years ago. Amazing.

You're wrong h8tr, I love this team, I love the fact they we have been to the playoffs every year for half a decade, I love that we even have a team..Yes I love my hometown team..

Joe is a very good QB, right there with the rest of the elites

Edited by cravnravn

Eli Manning? Who mentioned Eli Manning? Try again.

I did. They are comparable QBs with comparable salaries. Both franchises made the right call.

You didn't answer my question. Would you like to chime in on something relevant about the current state of the team? Maybe offer your opinion on some of the actual problems this team has?

We are on pace to be the worst rushing team since the AFL/NFL merger and the simpletons are still talking about Flacco. :nono:

The topic is, "HOW is Joe flacco playing", what did you think we would be talking about. Looks like you're the simpleton.

The topic is, "HOW is Joe flacco playing", what did you think we would be talking about. Looks like you're the simpleton.

More free time Troy, now that you got bumped out of the playoffs? Welcome back!

Yes...because Ger-Rasta-Max isn't the one responsible for bumping it most of the time.

I've really enjoyed your posts (that aren't about Flacco) in the other numerous threads on this board. All one of them.

• Upvote 1

You're wrong h8tr, I love this team, I love the fact they we have been to the playoffs every year for half a decade, I love that we even have a team..Yes I love my hometown team..

Joe is a very good QB, right there with the rest of the elites

Ooooo touchy touchy. So this is your admission that you have and have always been wrong in stating that Joe Flacco is an Elite NFL QB, and the the Ravens organization has grossly overpaid for a " ... very good QB. "?

Ooooo touchy touchy. So this is your admission that you have and have always been wrong in stating that Joe Flacco is an Elite NFL QB, and the the Ravens organization has grossly overpaid for a " ... very good QB. "?

Your posts are like Chinese water torture. Of course people will eventually get touchy.

Flacco's pick 6 and his remedial level pre snap reading ability lost this game. We could have spent 120 million alot better than this. Defense gave up one TD,Rice went for over 100 and Flacco made sure Chicago stayed in that game.

Here the situation: 2nd and goal inside the 5 yard line , we're down 3 points and the bears are clearly playing the run, they have our blockers outnumbered , but man to man coverage on three WR's and Joe doesn't check out of the play. That one play lost us the game, it should have never went into overtime. Joe has a very good skill set and talent but very little smarts. Joe being a dummy is what is costing us games.