• This topic is locked This topic is locked
213 replies to this topic

#41 rastaman831226

rastaman831226

Begone.

• Inactive
  • 470 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Wow it is amazing how much Flacco hatred is out there. Now, I don't put Joe in Manning's or Brady's class. That just isn't Joe. He got paid for 5 consecutive playoff seasons which included a Super Bowl win and an outstanding playoff run. What's wrong with that? Essentially it's a three year contract.

The offensive line problems are both very serious and well documented and the receiving corps is a combination of inexperienced young receivers playing at best at average NFL standards (exception is T. Smith) and no real TE. Plus, the running game, used to set up the play action pass, has been the worst I've ever seen. The defense I'd say is playing at an average level.

So with that, it's no wonder our record is that it is.

Still evading the truth. Does Joe Flacco make his sorrounding talent better through his athleticism and football IQ like the two Elite QB's we've already seen on our schedule? Has Joe Flacco lived up to his Elite status contract? Is Joe Flacco more part of the problem and less the solution to our offensive woes? There's only one answer. The floor is yours.

#42 Oldschool739

Oldschool739

Rookie

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

Joe is Elite......SB MVP.....All Year Looooooooooong....

and that's a fact, Brother !!!!

I hate women.

#43 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

you're right , i'm wrong, Joe is not the ONLY high priced QB under .500 , he is THE HIGHEST paid QB under .500 , my bad , thanks for correcting me.

Knew it wouldnt take you long..

Bet it was killing you to last 7 weeks

Edited by cravnravn, 29 October 2013 - 03:38 AM.

#44 OutsideRzAcE

OutsideRzAcE

The Franchise

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

People still want Joe to be Brady or Manning.  How did those elite QB's do against Joe in last year's playoffs when Joe had an Oline, better receivers/tight ends, and a semblance of a running game?    

Posted Image

#45 OutsideRzAcE

OutsideRzAcE

The Franchise

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

I also think it's funny that Brady is doing exactly what Joe has done for the past 5 years by winning without putting up gaudy numbers (9td's 6 ints), yet people are climbing over each other to talk about what a great job Brady is doing this year.

Posted Image

#46 RavenMad

RavenMad

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

I also think it's funny that Brady is doing exactly what Joe has done for the past 5 years by winning without putting up gaudy numbers (9td's 6 ints), yet people are climbing over each other to talk about what a great job Brady is doing this year.

^This guy gets it.

2narark.jpg

#47 Money

Money

Free Agent

• Pip
  • 518 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Still evading the truth. Does Joe Flacco make his sorrounding talent better through his athleticism and football IQ like the two Elite QB's we've already seen on our schedule? Has Joe Flacco lived up to his Elite status contract? Is Joe Flacco more part of the problem and less the solution to our offensive woes? There's only one answer. The floor is yours.

The only thing you (as a fan) should be concerned about is has Joe Flacco lived up to his cap number each year.  The answer has been and still is a resounding YES.  

Super-Bowl-XLVII-Baltimore-Ravens-vs.-Sa

#48 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

Joe has had a good year so far, not great but good. I have to think it the talent around him was performing better and/or if Pitta was healthy that he would be having an even better year.

Hi.

#49 Geronimo

Geronimo

Undrafted Free Agent

• 446 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

Knew it wouldnt take you long..

Bet it was killing you to last 7 weeks

how are you going to start a topic then when i respond you go and say something like this?   If you wanted everyone to come on here and rave about how Joe is playing then you should have qualified that in the Topic heading so that i would know that it's only for Joe Flacco Groupies and not people with unbiased opinions.

#50 oldno82

oldno82

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

1) Actually, Flacco has done quite well with the talent he has---that's the only fair way to rate him.

2) So far he is living up to his contract since his cap number is only $7 million this year. Hell, that's a bargain.

3)He is in no way part of the problem. The O-line has been pretty bad and is dealing with injuries to 2 players. We have a new LT and C. It's a bigger problem than anything else. Also, the receiver quality, as a group (and excluding T. Smith), is mediocre at best. It may improve quickly now that Jones is back.

And no one here is evading the truth. You seem to believe it's stupid on the part of people who disagree with your opinion. Everybody here's got their own opinion. Really the only ones that count are Harbs and Oz and we know where they stand.

"Not bad for a running back"

#51 rastaman831226

rastaman831226

Begone.

• Inactive
  • 470 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

Joe is Elite......SB MVP.....All Year Looooooooooong....

and that's a fact, Brother !!!!

Not good enough. Try again ............... Professor.

#52 rastaman831226

rastaman831226

Begone.

• Inactive
  • 470 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

Unworthy response.

#53 rastaman831226

rastaman831226

Begone.

• Inactive
  • 470 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

Joe has had a good year so far, not great but good. I have to think it the talent around him was performing better and/or if Pitta was healthy that he would be having an even better year.

Evasion.

#54 rastaman831226

rastaman831226

Begone.

• Inactive
  • 470 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

1) Actually, Flacco has done quite well with the talent he has---that's the only fair way to rate him.

2) So far he is living up to his contract since his cap number is only $7 million this year. Hell, that's a bargain.

3)He is in no way part of the problem. The O-line has been pretty bad and is dealing with injuries to 2 players. We have a new LT and C. It's a bigger problem than anything else. Also, the receiver quality, as a group (and excluding T. Smith), is mediocre at best. It may improve quickly now that Jones is back.

And no one here is evading the truth. You seem to believe it's stupid on the part of people who disagree with your opinion. Everybody here's got their own opinion. Really the only ones that count are Harbs and Oz and we know where they stand.

Evasion and tap dancing.

#55 rastaman831226

rastaman831226

Begone.

• Inactive
  • 470 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

The only thing you (as a fan) should be concerned about is has Joe Flacco lived up to his cap number each year.  The answer has been and still is a resounding YES.  

Evasion, tap dancing, desperation, and an unworthy response.

#56 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

how are you going to start a topic then when i respond you go and say something like this?   If you wanted everyone to come on here and rave about how Joe is playing then you should have qualified that in the Topic heading so that i would know that it's only for Joe Flacco Groupies and not people with unbiased opinions.

You do realize Joe hasnt played half a year yet?

You do realize hes on pace for over 4000 yards?

#57 Geronimo

Geronimo

Undrafted Free Agent

• 446 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

You do realize Joe hasnt played half a year yet?

You do realize hes on pace for over 4000 yards?

we are 3-4, i say he's playing below average, he has a 3 year 62.5 million dollar contract and i expect more from an offense that has a QB being paid that much money. with the exception of the denver game, the very first game 7 of the 11 guys who started ever played together, the defense has played pretty damn good. in our 3 other losses the defense surrendered 23, 19, and 19 points, thats an average of 20 points and Joe couldn't get the job done. 

#58 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

Joe put up 29 points in week 1, howd that turn out for us?

#59 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

I could sit here and make an excuse for every loss. week 1--Harbs coaching Buffalo Harbs coaching, Green Bay, Harbs coaching decisions, Pitt Castillo and his stupid blocking schemes and harbs Coaching decisions as to not go for the two point conversion..

Joe is doing just fine losing 2/3rds of his WR's his TE, his all-pro RB, who by the way is still injured. His all pro center, musical chairs at LT

#60 Money

Money

Free Agent

• Pip
  • 518 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

we are 3-4, i say he's playing below average, he has a 3 year 62.5 million dollar contract and i expect more from an offense that has a QB being paid that much money. with the exception of the denver game, the very first game 7 of the 11 guys who started ever played together, the defense has played pretty damn good. in our 3 other losses the defense surrendered 23, 19, and 19 points, thats an average of 20 points and Joe couldn't get the job done. 

The defense could only stop Pittsburgh from scoring twice and you think they played "pretty damn good"?  

The defense allowed a horrendous offensive line to physically dominate them and average almost 5 yards a carry.  Our own line and RBs could only muster just over 3 yards a carry (which was actually improvement over the rest of the season).  

You truly do not have an understanding of football of you think the defense played well against the Steelers.  

Super-Bowl-XLVII-Baltimore-Ravens-vs.-Sa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users