ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Looking at a semi long term issue

papasmurfbell

We were in the car leaving the stadium Sunday and we turn on the radio to hear comments and locker room talk after a huge win and we are happy as shit and all pumped up and then.....Brent Hollander or some radio head like that is speculating on losing Roman yada, yada, yada. We were screaming at the radio "Shut the Fuck Up!"tenor.gif  Give us Ravens news! Please! This was a huge moment. He made me want to puke.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0b8FGYh8QRYyxjyJLBdk Have I expressed my thoughts adequately about living in Fear and the future?

It's friggn'n November!

Of course the NFL annual raid on the Ravens staff will begin in January. It's a tribute to the excellent job that Harbaugh does in obtaining and developing coaching staffs. Same goes for our scouting department. Philly really laid bare that closet. They are Ravens North right now.

So it's going to happen. Simply figure Roman is a Goner. He's earned it. Great for him. But he'll only leave for a HC job. No lateral move. And you can bet there are organizations that he wants nothing to do with.

You can bet they have a plan in place and that they are way ahead of you on who they want to replace him. They have been consulting tons of coaches since last year about the many aspects of the offense that  they are developing and implementing. It's their job to foresee events such as this and to plan for it.

Not my job. Not my worry. I am powerless to do anything about it. My job is to pay for tickets, show up and bust veins out of my forehead yelling "Go Ravens!!!":gorave:

It's a copy cat league. Other teams will try to go this way. Roman will go somewhere else. They will share a common problem.

They have no Lamar.

88c81a313a33a9d2d6ee7f4c57a86b5a.jpg

Edited by vmax

1 hour ago, GrubberRaven said:

Does Roman want to be a head coach?

That's the right question....  I hope not...

The real issues are further down the line. Speaking of lines, how much are the two tackles going to want, Staley and Brown, to remain here?

How much is Andrews going to want to stay here?

How much is Lamar going to want to stay here?

How do you fit all of them under the cap?

So the real question is, with all the other qbs in the league gettting well over $100 Mil, most of it guaranteed, plus the average cost of a left tackle going so high, along with guards & centers, will the owners finally make the cap different by having one exclusion player from the cap?

These, in my opinion, are more pressing questions than a coach...

Aside from that, this year or next, who cares, we are 8-2, 10 wins is very likely, the most important is how many will they end up with?

10 wins this year with this young team is a dream, so we know we have a window of at least 2 more years with this group...

Maybe a Super Bowl, another record to fall as no running qb has won one yet. Also of note, no team has won the Super Bowl with a top 5 scoring offense & top 5 defense, as of a few years ago. Things may have changed since I was a stat maniac....

Ok...I'll share this insider information..... knowledge that I get from a friend who works at the Castle.

Whenever the Ravens lose a key player or staff member, they practice an ancient ritual. The HC, coaching staff and front office gather in the conference room, pass around some beer and then sing a little Jimmy Ruffin....

"Now, becomes of the broken-hearted

Who had love that's now departed?
I know I've got to find
Some kind of peace of mind
I'll be searching everywhere
Just to find someone to care
I'll be looking everyday, I know I'm gonna find a way
Nothing's gonna stop me now
I'll find a way somehow
And I'll be searching everywhere
I know I gotta find a way
I'll be looking..."

Why not you paps? You always know the right move and you communicate very well. Plus you don't suffer from the group thinking that most of the NFL does. Plus you're an asshole, and a lot of successful coaches are assholes. 

*Press conference after SB win*

"This was the worst thing that could have happened to us!"

If Roman leaves, it has to be a perfect fit. Someone that coaches to Lamars style. 

Kubes  was the perfect fit for Joe Flacco. Wink was not. Romans has the fit with Lamar, not sure in the college ranks who can get the same production with Lamar if Romans decides to go the head coaching route.

But in the meantime,  I'll enjoy this season as far as it takes me(hopefully to Miami).

On 11/23/2019 at 12:52 PM, Spen said:

Why not you paps? You always know the right move and you communicate very well. Plus you don't suffer from the group thinking that most of the NFL does. Plus you're an asshole, and a lot of successful coaches are assholes. 

*Press conference after SB win*

"This was the worst thing that could have happened to us!"

lol. This is hilarious.