ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Cold Truth

deeshopper

The Ravens should be 10-0 right now. But the fact of the matter is that they are darn lucky to be 7-3. Never before have I seen a team continually fail so epically against teams with a losing record.

Tennessee

Jacksonville

Seattle

At this rate, they'll also lose to Cleveland twice, Indianapolis, and possibly San Diego.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSFYxDGKy8

Guest BallTMore

6-3. :bleh:

This team is beyond frustrating.

The coaching staff is getting pretty pathetic too.

David Reed twice. Really, John?

Is there a rule where you can't run if you are down by ten? Is Cam Cameron the only person aware of this rule? If so, other teams are cheating their ass off!

The waste of a timeout inside two minutes was embarrassing.

Defense is hardly the problem, Max. We've really only had defensive struggles once or twice this season. Sure, we needed them to step up at the end of the game today, but that wasn't what killed us. In fact, we should be thanking them for saving our asses and holding the 'Hawks to 5 FGs on such easy scoring opportunities.

The problem is, very plainly, an offense that is downright stupid. Cam should be fired today. It's the not the plays themselves, it's not execution (though, they aren't always executed well). It's consistency and 'outsmarting' ourselves more than anyone else. And it's downright pathetic.

So we're down 7 or 10 or 13... and our solution is to throw the ball every damn play? Literally EVERY play. It clearly didn't work. And I could care less if running it wasn't especially successful. The Jags didn't run with great success against us. The Seahawks didn't run with great success against us. They CREATED success by running the damn ball.

If they are playing nickel and dime on every damn down, why are you playing straight into their hands by trying to throw it at them? What part of that do you think will work consistently? Especially when our QB and receivers aren't having their best day. Though, again, I'd argue that Joe probably struggles with even the thought of being asked to throw nearly 60 times. SIXTY. What the fuck is that?

Seriously. Fire Cam. Or take the playcard out of his hands. It's just sad. Pathetic. Embarrassing.

How is Harbaugh going to try to talk this one off? How is Cam going to justify it? Because they can't even say we "attempted" to run but the Hawks were just too good - they'd get laughed out of the place.

I think our QB who every other week cannot hit open receivers is as sad as any aspect of our coaching staff. He was all over the place today. Luckily he threw a bunch of short passes in the second have to essentially pad his stats so I am sure the line and the coaching staff will get the bulk of the criticism.

Everyone should be criticized for abandoning the run the way we did. No excuse for that.

What shouldn't be forgotten in the mess that was today's game is that the Seahawks really helped to keep us in the game. If they were not so sloppy I worry what the final score would have been.

More cold truth. We just lost to arguably the worst QB-Head Coach combo in the league. It's impossible to predict how the rest of the season will go because this team can lose to anyone at any time. I will tell you I think the division title is gone because the Steelers will sweep the Bengals and the Ravens will be lucky to take take even one game from them.

Yep. We just completed the trifecta - 3 laid eggs in Tennessee, Jax and Seattle and blew our season.

Sure, its not over but we opened the door to the Steelers and gave away home field.

Maybe Harbaugh, the media and the fans should brainwash the players thta every Sunday is the Super Bowl.

Every game is the season's last game - if you lose you go home.

Many people like to compare this seasons team (or at least its D) to the 2000 SB team. Not even close or even on the same planet.

That team (or at least the D) played like every play (forget game) was its last. I am surprised Ray & Ed Reed havent had a greater influence and sense of urgency, given their so-called desire to win a SB. I wonder what gives ?

Frankly I'm just completely disgusted! There was absolutely no reason to abandon the run so early. Flacco had a poor day---if he had hit Smith on Boldin on those early deep passes the whole course of the game might have been different; Cam's playcalling yesterday just simply sucked. The Defense was firm at times but still it gave up way too much rushing yardage inside the tackles and Seattle's WRs were too open too much of the time.

I have absolutely NO IDEA what this team is really made of and have no idea what to expect for the rest of the season. And finally, while I blame both the players and coaches, I hold the coaches most responsible for not getting the team psyched up to play against crappy competition (not letting the players especially veteran 'leaders' completely off the hook here either).

What yanks my chain, is all week you hear interviews on the tube & radio, and the first thing that comes out of the hosts mouth is letdown, and the players & coaches state there will be none of that, yet 3 times this year they play their shittiest game after a huge win..Sooner or later somebody has to take responsibility for these letdowns, because they do letdown, all three losses we have witnessed, that aint the Ravens way of football we are used to seeing.

Frankly I'm just completely disgusted! There was absolutely no reason to abandon the run so early. Flacco had a poor day---if the had hit Smith on Boldin on those early deep passes the whole course of the game might have been different; Cam's playcalling yesterday just simply sucked. The Defense was firm at times but still it gave up way too much rushing yardage inside the tackles and Seattle's WRs were too open too much of the time.

I have absolutely NO IDEA what this team is really made of and have no idea what to expect for the rest of the season. And finally, while I blame both the players and coaches, I hold the coaches most responsible for not getting the team psyched up to play against crappy competition (not letting the players especially veteran 'leaders' completely off the hook here either).

Don't tell Glen Clark that you didn't need to abandon the run when you were never down by more than 2 scores.

Our offensive line was suspect yesterday. I didn't see Williams or Rice having much space between the lineman. Is Grubbs 100%? Is berk what he used to be? Is Oher a good to great or mediocre lineman? I havn't seen alot of road grading from this crew. Could Cameron be hiding problems with the offensive line ala the passing game.

Our offensive line was suspect yesterday. I didn't see Williams or Rice having much space between the lineman. Is Grubbs 100%? Is berk what he used to be? Is Oher a good to great or mediocre lineman? I havn't seen alot of road grading from this crew. Could Cameron be hiding problems with the offensive line ala the passing game.

I disagree there, Ray Rice had 5 carries for 28 yards, the running game was there but for some strange reason we abonded it.We left the D on the field too long and in the end it bit us in the ass. We as fans have always claimed that we rely too much on our D to bail us out, yesterday was a prime example, If the O would have gotten the ball back in the last 5 + minutes we would have won the dam game..I cant think of any other game where an opposing O put a 5+ minute drive against us, theres always a first for everything, and Sunday proved it.

On to the Bungles!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disagree there, Ray Rice had 5 carries for 28 yards, the running game was there but for some strange reason we abonded it.We left the D on the field too long and in the end it bit us in the ass. We as fans have always claimed that we rely too much on our D to bail us out, yesterday was a prime example, If the O would have gotten the ball back in the last 5 + minutes we would have won the dam game..I cant think of any other game where an opposing O put a 5+ minute drive against us, theres always a first for everything, and Sunday proved it.

Coming for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Radio host on WNST.

Yeah I have gathered that he knows so little about the game that I do not understand why he is on the air talking about it. Then I thought about it that is what Nester can afford.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20111113026&page=plays

1st-10, BAL30 13:25 R. Rice rushed to the right for 1 yard gain

1st-10, SEA37 12:06 R. Rice rushed to the right for 3 yard gain

1st-10, BAL10 5:34 R. Rice rushed to the left for 4 yard gain

It has been a while since I was in school but I see 8 yds on 3 plays in the first half. That is That is 2.7 ypc. In the 2nd half when the running game was all but abandoned and the Seattle D was playing the pass now he picked 19 yds on 2 carries. Again the peices don't match for what you are trying to accomplish.

Bottom line is papa, he had 5 carries for 28 yards, regardless where it came in the game..

But he was not getting yds that makes a D respect the run early on so they stop having to respect the run. Later they sold out to stop Joe and Ray could gouge for yds. If they had a RB that had some weight to be a hammer then he would get off more than RR is in what they have concocted this yr.