ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

New Offensive Line Coach Named

GrubberRaven

not very happy with what they are saying in this presser, though I know they are as honest as possible, with a hint of deception for obvious reasons. New safety? Then praising Elam who, in my opinion, played under his draft status, maybe he will get better at tackling, at knowing where to be.....

Monroe will be the left tackle, unless unseated........ oy........ Bigger on the interior offensive line, ok, good bye Suggs, ok....... But Casillo back, big oy

This has been a bad day for me football-wise. I didn't hear much I wanted to hear and heard something that makes me really wonder about Harbaugh: Castillo coming back??? Give me a break.

I think we're in for more than one season of rebuilding too.

I'm trying to get the chat transcript...until then here's some quotes...

“I think it’s safe to say that we’re going to look at the offense with the same fine-tooth comb that we looked at the defense last year,” Bisciotti said. “So, I think you’re going to see a lot of changes in personnel and how we approach that. I’m pretty proud of the defense for being able to retool on the fly, and I’ve got the same amount of confidence with these guys in building the offense.”

“There’s no doubt in my mind John has a very good understanding of the direction of this offense and of what we need to do,” General Manager Ozzie Newsome said. “He and I are very much on the same page.”

Overall, Bisciotti’s role won’t change. He’ll listen, let his thoughts be known and let his football people make the decisions. That’s why he said he enjoys the offseason more than the season. Bisciotti gets to do his job managing people, and there’s no stress of the games that are out of his control.

“[My role is] to support my coach and my GM and get this thing moving in the right direction,” Bisciotti said. “We had a lot of failures on the football field – offense and defense. So I know they’ve got their work cut out for them.

“It’s to be a sounding board for them and to encourage them to make the kind of decisions that they believe are the right ones for us. And I love that part of the job. Even under duress, I still love that part of the job.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Steve-Bisciotti-Calls-Season-A-Failure-But-Is-Optimistic-/773536f5-63c5-40e2-bba5-69cc47a33a92

what exactly was said to indicate suggs is getting cut

First, Ozzie stated that he and Suggs talk most every day, sometimes he initiates, other times, Suggs does, but no mention of the type of conversation. Second and most importantly, perhaps, he stated that they will not restructure any contracts. They would entertain lengthening a contract or two but only if it benefited the Ravens.

To lengthen the contract of a player over 30 (33) at the price he currently is making would be a disaster for the Ravens. So either Suggs takes a big pay cut, or he goes somewhere else.

It sounds like John is not a runaway train making staff decisions on his own. He talks it over with Ozzie, but it sounds like in the end, John makes the call.

“When we hired Juan, the idea was to add another great coach into our mix,” Harbaugh said. “The title was a way to have three great offensive line coaches in our mix right there. [period] … We had three guys working together and I thought it was going to be a really good mix, and I thought those guys did a really good job of coaching. We didn’t get the results we wanted to get.”Harbaugh has the authority to build the coaching staff he wants, but he also leans on General Manger Ozzie Newsome during that process.

“He wants me to ask questions about his staff because he wants to have the best staff in the National Football League,” Newsome said. “And John is not afraid to make tough decisions or unpopular decisions if he thinks it’s in the best interest of the Baltimore Ravens. Our relationship with his coaching staff, I don’t think if it’s matched in the league when it comes to that.”

As Harbaugh finalizes his staff over the next few weeks, his main message was that the group has to improve collectively heading into next season.

“Going forward, our plan now is to improve and get better,” Harbaugh said. “There are a lot of things we didn’t do well as a coaching staff, and that’s why we look at ourselves first. We have to do a better job of putting our players in position to make plays – offense, defense and special teams.”

Castillo is O line coach. Castillo is O line coach. Castillo is O line coach. That's unbelievable. Castillo is O line coach. Castillo is O line coach. More failed finesse line schemes. That's unbelievable. Castillo is O line coach. Castillo is O line coach. Whatta recipe for extreme failure. Whatta diaster.

I'm not thrilled, but at least it looks like they are fully committing to the ZBS instead of the confusion of last year. This needs to be carried out with player decisions when it comes to the OL and even their choice to replace Caldwell.

Not news. Every NFL coach has the right to hire his own staff, it's in his contract.

I'm not talking about that.

Actually I want to point out to the Harbaugh haters that Ozzie is involved and has a voice. I believe John has the final say, but if your boss tells you so and so stinks at his job, then you would do something about it or you might lose yours.

I am far from a Harbaugh hater but I believe he has tended to make far more questionable coaching hires than good ones. Additionally, his staff is too big which leads to a lot of confusion as to whom the player should listen to.