ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Preston: It’s time for the Ravens and Lamar Jackson to part ways

vmax

Idle thoughts while there's no news...if nobody else wants Lamar are we sure we want to give him the kind of deal we were offering before free agency? If we scale down our offer, maybe we could boost up the rest of the team or are we locked in?

It's beginning to sound as if the 2023 season might be a real downer. I don't see a happy Lamar signing long term here and I expect him to hold out until the regular season. I think it will have a negative effect on our fan base and maybe even the whole team.

I do wonder if the Colts might make a push to sign him there. I'd take their first two number ones, especially this year where they have the 4th overall pick.

What ticks me off, though not as much as Lamar, is that EDC didn't go after a decent free agent quarterback. There were a lot of guys to be had on the cheap that are better than Huntley.

We don't know if the Ravens went after any of the qbs, maybe they did and the price was too high. Those guys are free agents for a reason, none of them is going to lead a team to a championship.

Same with receivers, we don't know if they talked with agents on the free agent receivers or made calls to teams about trades.

They keep things pretty close to the vest.

With a healthy, full line, healthy runningbacks, this offense should be able to run the ball. A piece or two on defense and they will be dominant or should be.

This team, no matter the qb, is not going to be a 4 win team, they should win at least 8

Lamar to interview him self since 1)no one is calling 2) the media can't be trusted

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/03/19/lamar-jackson-teases-forthcoming-interview-amid-ravens-contract-talks

Jackson said in the video that the biggest adjustment to the NFL game coming out of college was the change in terminology between the playbook at Louisville and Marty Mornhinweg’s West Coast offense when Mornhinweg was the Ravens offensive coordinator

8 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

He's officially a head case...

I get that he was just trying to have fun with it, but why hold the "interview" in what looks and sounds like your bathroom?

Who, in his production company, would allow that poor quality to get out?

Is this just more "evidence" that he is immature, or not very capable of being the man?

Oh boy, here we go... So, I guess, the Ravens, the NFL, the owners and now the NFLPA are all lying and out to get you Lamar... or perhaps your "team" truly does not know what they are doing...

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- The NFL sent out a memo to all clubs Thursday notifying them that a person who is not certified by the NFLPA might be attempting to persuade team personnel to enter into contract negotiations with Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson, who received the nonexclusive franchise tag.

Under league rules, teams can speak only with Jackson because he doesn't have an agent.

According to the memo obtained by ESPN's Adam Schefter, the NFLPA informed the league that Ken Francis, who is not a certified agent with the players' union, might be contacting teams regarding Jackson.

The memo, which was distributed to all 32 teams, read: "As an uncertified person, Mr. Francis is prohibited from negotiating Offer Sheets or Player Contracts, or discussing potential trades on behalf of any NFL player or prospective player or assisting in or advising with respect to such negotiations."

Francis told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler that he has not contacted teams on Jackson's behalf.

"I don't speak for Lamar," Francis said.

Jackson also denied that Francis has been contacting teams on his behalf, tweeting: "Stop Lying that man never tried to negotiate for me."

Francis said he's business partners with Jackson on portable gym equipment and that's the extent of their business dealings. He stressed that Jackson handles his own football matters, though he has people in his circle that he might consult.

2 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Oh boy, here we go... So, I guess, the Ravens, the NFL, the owners and now the NFLPA are all lying and out to get you Lamar... or perhaps your "team" truly does not know what they are doing...

What a frickin' mess!!!

6 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Who needs a shoe deal?  Why push insurance?  Forget pushing McDonalds.  You can have an ownership stake in the entire gym.  This lucrative investment will make tens of cents.

Papa you gave me a great laugh with this one!🤣