ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Preston: It’s time for the Ravens and Lamar Jackson to part ways

vmax

John Harbaugh on Lamar Jackson not playing in the postseason game vs. Bengals: "If he could have played, he would've played. There's no question in my mind about that. He would've played as soon as he was ready to play. I never doubt that about Lamar Jackson."

Image result for Back to School Actors "But that doesn't make news John. It has to be anything but the truth. They need hits on their websites and ratings for their shows."

Asked about recent reports about details of the deals and the Ravens "low-balling" Jackson, DeCosta said, "Lamar knows the truth and I know the truth."

"I guess it bothers me if there's false information out there," DeCosta said. "But in the end, it's not going to affect my ability to get a deal done with Lamar. It bothers me when I see things that are certainly not true. But Lamar and I remain resolute. That's why I don't speak about the negotiation. That's why you've never seen any contract proposal that we've ever offered."

Eric DeCosta Remains ‘Optimistic’ About Lamar Jackson Negotiations (baltimoreravens.com)

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

My bet, Kodak Black( who has broken his probation and is now ordered to get drug counseling) is the leak in the call to Stephen A Smith. Just a guess...

Clown show

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Since everyone is in Indy EDC could be working on a trade.  IF one is worked out by the the 15th we know where it was worked out.

Well...he should be working on one but who the hell really knows what's going on with them???

OK, this is just a brain fart that came to me. Cue the shadow 🎶

What if, will you imagine with me, but what if those immature Instagram posts by Lamar that everyone thinks was about the Ravens, but were actually about or directed toward his posse?

Kodak is back in rehab, court ordered, maybe there is turmoil in his inner circle, maybe even with some in the NFLPA, (the vice president, our current og defensive linemen Calais Cambell) has said that Lamar does want to remain here with the Ravens,at his price or a team friendly price is the big question. But I mention that to say, is it possible we have all taken Lamar's posts wrong?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35776261/calais-campbell-says-lamar-jackson-wants-deal-done-ravens

Article in the Sun today states it is possible that Lamar doesn't sign the tag until July and that we're right back here same time next year with same problem. No OTAs for Lamar that way. And despite what Monken said, I think that really hurts the installation of the 'new' offense.

Drip, drip, drip?

I still think they should put him under the exclusive tag and then trade him if they can't come to an agreement this month.

And so the drama continues...

Indeed, I worry about his judgement in this whole affair. So we still just wait and see. Crap! I'd really like to see a permanent resolution this month but then, I'm neither owner, GM, or player.

What a mess.

On 3/5/2023 at 4:46 PM, tsylvester said:

Either way, to stay and play or be traded he has to sign the tag.

Since the tags are guarantee money, no sense holding out, especially with a new system to learn. But then, he has shown his sense is questionable at times

If he gets the exclusive tag its 45 mil.  But even with the Ravens offer he had 133 mil at signing and probably more by the end of the 1st yr.  That is a very big difference.