ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Preston: It’s time for the Ravens and Lamar Jackson to part ways

vmax

So, with an excellent supporting cast, a forward thinking play caller, the great Josh Allen could not or barely put up numbers = to Huntley against the same team.

Granted, there was snow, a slippery field, but, he is supposedly used to those conditions.

The great Buffalo defense could not stop the Bengals, being shoved around, blown back, no coverage, terrible tackling.

Tell me why again, the Ravens should use up all of their cap on a MLB, qb, and top receiver?

Lamar at the Ravens price, Smith at an acceptable price given what he does for this defense as the proverbial defensive qb.

Then some complimentary receivers, Gabe Davis style to match a healthy (?) Bateman, Duv, Andrews. Sure up the line, teach them proper pass protection.

• 2 weeks later...

Salary cap set, now we know the real cost of the tags.

NBC Sports: With salary cap in place, franchise and transition tag amounts for 2023 are known.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/30/with-salary-cap-in-place-franchise-and-transition-tag-amounts-for-2023-are-known/

Per multiple reports, the franchise tags are as follows:

Quarterback: $32,416,000.

The transition tag provides only a right to match, with no compensation. The transition tags are as follows:

Quarterback: $29,504,000

The window for applying the tags opens on February 21 and closes on March 7.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't think they will move much off of that $250 mil, $133 guaranteed, maybe to 140, 145.

But I also don't think Lamar is going to come down from his stance of wanting the full contract guaranteed.

So for me there are only 2 options left, tag & hope he shows up to learn the new offense in time.

Or tag and trade.

With what Pollard has said he told Lamar, and Rg greed, I doubt Lamar shows up after he is tagged until the start of the season

Yep...that's another thing I don't like about tagging him: the fact that he can hold-in until the season starts. If we can't sign him by the 5 week deadline, I'd trade him for sure.

What teams are out there that might be a fit for us trading him for picks?

BTW, Baker Mayfield is a FA and if we could sign him for 'right price' might make a good bridge to a new rookie QB. Thoughts?

I’m just gonna say it. If the Ravens sign Jackson in the end it will go down as worse than the Flacco signing. This guy is done and he knows it too. Wouldn’t play the rest of last season because it would’ve just highlighted his deficiencies and lowered his signing strength. Trade this Bum and move on with Huntley for now. I’m hoping De Costa is maneuvering for the best trade he can get. The experiment failed and it’s over. Move the hell on! 

3 hours ago, oldno82 said:

Yep...that's another thing I don't like about tagging him: the fact that he can hold-in until the season starts. If we can't sign him by the 5 week deadline, I'd trade him for sure.

What teams are out there that might be a fit for us trading him for picks?

BTW, Baker Mayfield is a FA and if we could sign him for 'right price' might make a good bridge to a new rookie QB. Thoughts?

Well, New Orleans just got a first round pick this year, plus a 2nd round pick next, they need a qb. Though their first rounder is 30.. not good enough.

Texans with their new coach have 2 top 12 picks, but will they want Lamar after getting rid of Watson?

Falcons, Colts, etc..

Will it take a first round pick plus a top player at a position of need and some lower picks?

Will it take multiple first round picks this year? One this year and next?

Some serious decisions for Eric & company.

3 hours ago, dapetes said:

I’m just gonna say it. If the Ravens sign Jackson in the end it will go down as worse than the Flacco signing. This guy is done and he knows it too. Wouldn’t play the rest of last season because it would’ve just highlighted his deficiencies and lowered his signing strength. Trade this Bum and move on with Huntley for now. I’m hoping De Costa is maneuvering for the best trade he can get. The experiment failed and it’s over. Move the hell on! 

A lot of it can be over looked because of bad advice in his camp. Maybe he will see the light and get some better people around him?

I'm torn, you look at his numbers and wow, it is hard to say let's walk away. Factor in a new passing scheme and maybe his numbers get better.

Now, no way i give any quarterback a fully guaranteed contract, not even Mahomes. So yes, if he doesn't come down, he can walk the plank.

No to a guaranteed contract or the franchise tag (unless they intend to quickly tag and trade). Whatever happens they have to have this tied up before the draft. Preferably, before even March 7.

A trade to Indy looks like a good fit picks wise.

4 hours ago, dapetes said:

Im of that mind too.

On 1/31/2023 at 5:27 PM, tsylvester said:

A lot of it can be over looked because of bad advice in his camp.

I can't overlook not traveling with the team, not being their on the sidelines, not supporting your backup, and not showing leadership qualities.

See Ya Goodbye GIF by The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization

1 hour ago, deeshopper said:

I can't overlook not traveling with the team, not being their on the sidelines, not supporting your backup, and not showing leadership qualities.

See Ya Goodbye GIF by The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization

Or the cryptic posts, especially the one right after the loss.

I agree with you, his immaturity has been on full display. As for traveling, it has been suggested that the team doesn't allow injured players to travel, but I've found no proof of this.

Add in his proclaiming his injury is worse than reported before the game, yet we've seen him on the sidelines at home games jumping around, having fun with his teammates, one has to wonder. I also wonder if maybe he made the injury worse by jumping around, maybe that is why after 6 weeks it was not just healed, but made worse?

So many questions, answers we, the fans will never get. His teammates know the truth, I guess that is all that matters in the end.

19 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Yeah, could be packing his talents to take to the next team he plays for.... Who knows with his ig posts. He knows what he is doing is driving people, the media nuts with these shenanigans, bravo

Master troller