ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Big Win

vmax

4-1...bring on the Jags.

There's a lot of football left and a lot can happen, but it's beginning to look like the road ahead for the Ravens is wide open.

Not nervous anymore... :gorave:

The offense finally showed up in the second half against a very good Houston defense.

Joe "I'm on valium" Flacco drove me crazy in the first half. Friggn'n crazy.He took the fans out of the game for awhile. When he set up the Texans go ahead TD I actually wanted to see Tyrod Taylor for a second....because I thought Joe was playing with no fire or passion.

Then Wide Awake Joe showed up in the second half.

Torey Smith has a 28ypc....3 for 84.

And what a day for Bouldin! 8 for 132!

Joe is never going to be Elite, but he's the best QB the Ravens have ever had and they can consistently win with him. I'll take it after over a decade of suffering while watching Ravens QB's. Keep Joe forever or until they somehow luck into somebody better....that probably means forever.

It was Ray Rice that got the train rolling. When all seems to be heading down the shitter, just get the ball in Ray's hands. He can carry the offense.

Texans_Ravens_Football_93049_team.jpg

"Don't forget about me!"

Texans_Ravens_Football_93047_team.jpg

Great job Billy and THANK YOU RAVENS DEFENSE!!!! :gorave:

Going nowhere without you.

OH!

One more thing on Joe Flacco...

He really is 'Our Guy'...meaning Baltimore claimed Ripkin who really lived up 95 in Aberdean and Joe just lives a little further up.

He has the accent...just listen to his pizza commercials. :yeah:

He 'Local' Folks!

He's our guy.

It's time to surrender and embrace him...as he is... because he's 10 times better than what we've seen under center in a Ravens uniform since we got this franchize.

And this is comming from a fan who wanted to come out of the stands in the second quarter to throw cold water on him to wake him up. :cop:

Look...there are periods of time where Joe just has other things on his mind than the game!

OK.

But eventually, in a quarter or two, he comes back and realizes where he is and that "OH!...I need to do something!"

Hey...there's not too many guys on the planet who can do what he does.

Think about it.

Bottom line...this team wins...consistently. :gorave:

"Thanks!"

Texans_Ravens_Football_93027_team.jpg

What surprised me is how poor the offensive line played, this Texans defense shouldn't have been putting that much pressure on us, especially with Williams out. It looked to me like our offensive line took them lightly, and we almost paid the price.

BINGO!!!!!

They were pathetic, Joe had zero time to throw the ball, and when he did have time we seen the results.

Webb needs to go, hes a liability back there and does nothing for me on kick returns but reming me of the Lamont Brightful days.

Webb is fine as a CB, he's not shutdown, but he's also not a liability back there. He's a very good nickel and we can get away with him as a 2. I do agree with you about his return skills, though I'd rather see him in there than Ed.

How did Cary Williams play? I don't remember seeing him give up any big plays.

Max,

Good win for sure against a quality opponent. Gotta stick the rock in the end zone though instead of the dang FGs. We were very fortunate Texans were w/o Andre Johnson. Just saying.

Jags will be a tough draw Monday night. They gave the Steelers everything they could handle at the Burgh. They even outscored them 10-0 in second half ( I believe) and were driving to take the lead before thy ran out of time. This wont be an easy game against a team on MNF in there house.

:gorave:

.ieve jyte , . and were driving for the

What surprised me is how poor the offensive line played, this Texans defense shouldn't have been putting that much pressure on us, especially with Williams out. It looked to me like our offensive line took them lightly, and we almost paid the price.

I was surprised with this as well. A few times Flacco snapped the ball and there were Texans grabbing his jersey. I hope they just took them lightly and this isn't a sign of things to come. Our offense is in trouble if the line plays like that every game.

Good win overall. The offense had me worried in the 2nd quarter, but they eventually woke up and produced.

My only real complaint is that the offense seems extremely inefficient in the red zone.

One thing that struck me towards the end of the broadcast was the cup cake schedule the Texans have the rest of the way. They had like 2 games left vs teams with winning records atm while the Ravens were to face several teams with winning records.

The game was an excellent win against a very talented and determined team that never lets up. The offensive line is not giving Joe enough time and the Texans were without their best pass rusher but they still hit him too many times. We've got to correct that or else he's going to wind up getting hurt.

Also, in the first half, our defense had trouble getting off the field on 3rd and longs but it looked like Pagano fixed that in the second half.

This was a well earned difficult win.

While some of the pressure on Joe has to be put on the O-Line I have to give some credit to the Texans front 7. They are as solid a unit as we are likely to see. Smith and Watt are beasts at DE in a 3-4. I loved Watt coming out of Wisconsin and I think he was a great addition to the Texans.

When you have enough pass rushers on your D that you have the luxury of pushing Cushing inside (something I think we should be doing with JJ) then you must be doing something right at LB as well.